Chapter Eleven

---

---

There she was, the blonde girl's eyes lay on her best friend being led out of a car with guards either side of her, their grips were harsh as they ensured the air fairy couldn't escape them. Her hands bound by some type of handcuff that clearly dug into her skin and despite the pain rushing through her body she kept her face stoic, not daring to give Dowling the satisfaction she craved. Elmira looked from her best friend towards Bloom, the red-headed changeling had been reunited with her friends, the small group immediately fussing over. However seeing this only stirred something sinister inside the ice fairy, the blonde girl desperately craving the chance to do that with her own best friend. Despite her rational thoughts the young girl spun on her heels and tried running towards Beatrix in an attempt to free the girl from the guards restraints, unfortunately for the blonde the guards were quicker than she'd given them credit for, two of the men immediately grasping onto the girl, their hands digging into her icy skin causing pain to shoot through her body.

Elmira screamed at the guards as their grips tightened, their movements bringing up awful memories the blonde girl had spent years trying to suppress as she tried desperately to escape their grasps and reach the comforting arms of her best friend. Beatrix's face broke at the sight of the blonde girl struggling, she was the only one who knew what their actions had brought up inside of her and she wished nothing more than to be able to comfort the girl but it was clear Dowling had other plans. Tears streamed down Elmira's face as she continued to be held back, struggling in the men's hold she fought them as hard as she physically could in her deteriorating state, her best friend was only an arm's reach away and she couldn't reach her. "Bea." Elmira's voice broke as her best friend looked towards her. "It's going to be okay, you're strong Mira. I love you." With that the air fairy was dragged away by the guards, Elmira's screams filling everyone's ears as they struggled to keep the blonde girl in place, with little resistance from the air fairy the guards successfully threw Beatrix into the dungeons and slammed the door shut behind her.

Elmira on the other hand, continued fighting, trying to physically assault the guards in order for them to loosen their grasp and she almost succeeded. With every struggle the men's grips only tightened, more horrific memories returning to the surface in the process. As the ice fairy tried to contain her emotions Dowling stepped forward, her eyes numb as she looked directly into the blonde girl's broken soul, speaking words so harsh she knew it would push her sanity off the edge. "You're never going to see Beatrix again. I'll make sure of that." With a wicked smirk the headmistress turned on her heel and walked back towards the entrance of the school.

Unimaginable pain rushed through Elmira's body at the headmistress' words, rage and determination mixing together as she broke out of the guards hold with surprising force. The blonde's body physically hurt from the sobs that had left her body and she knew she couldn't do anything to stop it in that moment. Fear began bubbling to the surface as the realisation of her situation kicked in - seeing her best friend be taken away at the hands of those cruel guards was only the tip of the iceberg, memories she had done everything in her power to rid herself of over the years had been triggered and were returning to the surface. Headmistress Dowling's words were the final nails in the coffin that would be Elmira Chambers sanity, the ice fairy had finally been tipped over the edge, she had lost complete control.