Chapter Fourteen

---

---

It had been a total of two weeks, three days and seven hours since Elmira had been locked in her suite and only now was she able to leave to attend mandatory training with the rest of the school. She didn't know why Dowling wanted her at training but she didn't have the energy to complain, she was wearing a sleek black athletic combo as she fought first years on the battered training mats. Despite not being active for the last two weeks she was still better than any of them combined, continuing to beat every opponent she was up against the blonde sighed and jumped off the mats moving to the next station as she grew bored of the little competition. She gulped when she looked in front of her and realised she had to walk right past Riven - she hadn't spoken to him since they'd broken up and despite how much she still loved him she was scared he'd turn out like Dane and be too involved if they continued their relationship.

Mustering all the fake confidence she held she picked up the large stick she required and headed straight past him to the next station. "You like holding that big stick?" Riven chuckled sarcastically causing Elmira's blood to boil, her hands twisted the stick around flawlessly pointing it directly at his throat. "I'll take that as a yes." The second year commented, his voice faltering as his own false layers of confidence fell apart in front of the girl who broke his heart. "Fuck off Riven." The blonde girl snapped back, she didn't want to show him weakness as she turned to walk away and excuse herself from the situation. 

"What? That's it? You're just going to run away from your problems like you always do?" Riven irritated her purposely. He knew it wasn't the smartest idea but he just wanted to hear her voice, even if she did appear to hate him. "What about you then hey? You're just going to walk off and smoke away all of your problems, get high and fuck some bitch to get over me. Is that your plan?" Anger rose inside of the ice fairy as she subconsciously stepped forward, the rumours of his activities had been irking her for days and she was finally releasing it. "Are you joking? Are you actually fucking with me right now? You'd think I'd sleep with anyone else after you, oh that's rich." Riven rolled his eyes as he too stepped forward, the gap between them almost non-existent. 

"I only want you. Don't take your anger out on me because you're too broken to realise that." His words cut deep and despite how much she deserved it Elmira couldn't stop her hand from slapping the boy across the face. "Don't you dare talk to me like that again." Elmira spun around and walked off but was quickly stopped by Riven's hands on her wrist. "Or what? You'll break up with me again?" His voice was threatening and yet all Elmira wanted to do was kiss him. 

She tried to move out of her ex-boyfriend's grasp but it was proven useless as the specialist's grip tightened, the pain slowly flew through her arm as he pulled her closer to him. The fact everyone in the school could see them went out the window as Elmira frustratingly wrapped her spare hand around Riven's neck, bringing them closer as she slammed her lips against his own. Pouring every ounce of frustration, pain and heartbreak into the kiss. Riven's hands let go of Elmira and fell into her touch, bringing her against him as he deepened the kiss before Elmira could process what was happening. Pulling away abruptly she moved herself out of his tight grasp.