Chapter Twenty-Seven

---

---

Elmira walked into the office of Headmistress Dowling, sending a small smile towards her best friend as she noticed the air fairy listening in too the ongoing conversation in the main room. Sending her a confused look the blonde's best friend simply motioned her head closer so she could hear the same thing, walking over too Beatrix's side she leant down in order to hear the older woman's words more clearly. 

"He's already got away. You're saying you won't lose him twice? I hadn't considered you might lose him twice, Andreas. One massive fuckup is enough. Don't you think?". Rosalind's words were threatening, the two best friends' sparing a panicked look as they began to hear strained gasping coming through the charm. Without a moment of hesitation Beatrix dove out of the chair, picking up files from her desk she immediately made her way into the previously locked room - her best friend close behind her in a panic.

"Sign-offs for you, headmistress." Beatrix announced, making herself known as she walked straight past her father, the man letting out a small sigh of relief as he noticed the two girl's walking into the room. "Also, Elmira is here." The air fairy continued, sparing a small glance in the direction of her father as she motioned her hand backwards - the ice fairy raising one of her own in a small greeting. "You told me to come visit you this morning, I hope now is a good time." 

The blonde fairy spoke, stepping to stand beside her best friend she simply nodded at Andreas, indicating he was okay to leave them alone with the older woman. "Of course, Elmira." Rosalind spoke, her voice held a hint of admiration and care as she did so however the tone immediately changed when she noticed the blonde's best friend still stood firm in her place. "Yes?" The older woman breathed out, looking down at the papers in the folder now on her desk.

"I've looked at the records from Solaria. Maps, vehicle reports. Andreas did not just lose him. I know Silva had help. He had to." Beatrix continued speaking, her voice filled with determination as she tried desperately to impress the headmistress. "And from these reports you've studied, you've found proof?". Rosalind questioned once more, placing the folder to the side as she finally looked towards her assistant. "No." The air fairy admitted, about to continue speaking before she was cut off by the older woman. "You thought I hadn't been able to put it together that a collapsed bridge, a broken-down engine and a key in the lap of our convict might have meant that Silva had outside help?".

Beatrix remained silent at the woman's words, trying desperately not to break down or snap in front of her. The tense statue of her best friend caused Elmira to speak up. "Headmistress, Beatrix didn't doubt the fact you had figured it out. She was simply informing you that she was now looking into who could possibly have betrayed Solaria in helping Silva escape. She knows how busy you are and just wanted to inform you of her additional tasks." The ice fairy heard her best friend sigh in relief slightly as the older woman's gaze moved from herself and onto the agitated blonde.