Chapter Twenty

---

---

"You two better be decent again otherwise I'm going to drag your ass out of the room naked." Beatrix shouted as the main doors to the suite slammed shut, a chorus of laughter following her from Dane. Elmira rolled her eyes as she finished drying and styling her hair off, the sound of her bedroom door swinging opening made her chuckle. "One day - that's all we asked for and you two couldn't even resist that." The ice fairy laughed at her best friend's teasing, standing quickly and pecking her on the lips as an apology. "Did you really expect us to pass up the perfect opportunity whilst you two were completely engrossed in each other?". Riven's question put a smile on his girlfriend's face as the air fairy's cheeks turned a crimson red. 

"Oh shut up, you two are addicted to each other - at least we're not that bad." Dane's arms wrapped around the air fairy before she could continue her accusations, his lips kissing her neck as she caved under his touch. "Did we really just become those best friends who date each other's best friends?" Elmira scrunched up her nose in disgust at the thought of Beatrix's suggestion. "Nope that's it we have a school to take-over." Waltzing out the door of her bedroom and then the main doors of the suite the group laughed together at her attempted conversation change. "I think we did." Riven whispered towards his two mates, earning a laugh from the pair before looking back and picking up both his girlfriend's phone and his own from the dresser, ensuring the suite was locked before going to meet up with the group.

The second-year specialist caught up rather quickly considering Elmira had stopped at the corner of the hallway realizing she had left her phone behind - hoping her boyfriend was more observant than she was. The second year specialist smiled softly as the blonde girl's eyes widened at the object in his hand, handing her phone over the boy leant down and placed a soft peck on her lips without another word. The air fairy just winked at her best friend's antics before the teenager's shared one final glance, taking a deep breath and disguising their carefree attitude with one of hostility and authority. 

It was a trick the two girl's had perfected over the semester and one the boy's quickly picked up on, suddenly understanding how and why the best friend's would change their mood and demeanors so fast depending on who was around. Riven's hand found that of his girlfriend's, squeezing tightly as if his life depended on it, she sent him a sympathetic smile as they strutted through the now-busy halls of Alfea. Students were arriving home from their weekend away, excitement brewing in them as they reunited with their peers, their happy facades soon to be crushed by the knowledge of the take-over. 

Elmira couldn't help but feel a slight ping of sadness at the thought, she'd enjoyed the Alfea she experienced that year and the thought of everything changing caused an unsettling anxiety to bubble in her stomach. She was both happier than she'd ever been and the most frightened. The blonde girl knew the four were going to play a massive role in transitioning their peers but she was worried how far that authority would stretch. Rosalind had been nerve-rackingly calm with the teenagers and it could only mean one thing, she had a plan bigger than they could ever imagine in store for them all.