Chapter Twenty-Six

---

---

Elmira had finished up her training session with her ex-girlfriend later than she had planned, she'd tried to get in contact with anyone from her usual group but not a single person answered her - Riven she understood but she hadn't seen or heard from Beatrix since earlier that day when they were running over the plans of Silva's transportation. An unsettling feeling rested in the ice fairy's gut as she suspected what was going on with them all. 

Sighing as she walked the ice fairy didn't realize she had stepped right into the empty common area of Alfea - too lost in her thoughts she found herself jumping slightly as her eyes rested on Rosalind, the older woman was staring aimlessly out one of the many glass windows that overlooked the forest as she leant against one of the stone pillars. 

"Oh... I'm sorry I didn't realize you were here." The ice fairy apologized, turning to spin on her feet and walk the opposite direction until the older woman spoke up. "You just came back from training with Miss. Moore, didn't you? How did that go?". Halting at the woman's words the blonde took in a deep breath before turning back around and daring to get closer to the headmistress. "Training was fine." The blonde kept her reply short, unaware of where this conversation was heading with the pair. 

"You're curious as to why I asked Moore to train you." Turning her body to face the ice fairy the headmistress continued. "Aren't you?". She continued; one arm perched against the stone pillar as she waited for her student to reply. "I have a feeling it's not because of her exceptional skills. If it was based off of that then Dane and/or Riven would be the ones training me." Elmira confessed, stepping to stand beside the older woman, fixating her eyes on the forest outside instead of on the woman she was conversing with. 

"You'd be correct there. I have yet to gain any proof as to why I should trust your partners. Sure, they kept their mouths shut during the initial takeover, but they seem to be quite skeptical of my actions since - the only one who follows my orders without question or suspicion is Dane and even then, he seems to have a tendency to brag." As Rosalind spoke, she stepped in front of the ice fairy, ensuring the young girl's attention was solely on her words. "I'm aware of your history with Miss Moore however I think we can both agree when I say she was the smartest option. Her family have been faithful to my cause for decades and Tahmina has proven to be no different."

Elmira tried desperately not to roll her eyes as she listened to the headmistress talk about her ex, the blonde didn't doubt the older woman in many aspects of her teachings but when it came too her personal relationships, she was certainly skeptical. "You know, Miss Moore came and visited me right before you did. She wanted me to tell you if I had learnt anything new about your bloodline." As the words left Rosalind's mouth the older woman smirked slightly, seeing they instantly caught the young girl's attention once more.