Chapter Thirty-Five

---

---

"How much longer do these things usually go for?". Elmira leant over slightly, whispering to her father-figure as she sighed in boredom. The endless alcohol was appreciated but Andreas had cut her off before she became reckless - much to both hers and Riven's amusement. "Yeah, this was cool and all at the start but I'm beyond bored." Riven chimed in, the older man simply laughing at the pair's candor. 

"We still have to get through the vote." Andreas mumbled, raising his hand up he received another refill of wine to dull his own boredom, earning a glare so deadly it could kill from his daughter-figure. "Absolutely not. If I don't get to drink to numb the pain, then you don't get to drink either." Snatching the wine glass out of the man's hand the blonde girl quietly froze the contents over, smirking as the older man sighed in defeat of his own. 

Riven couldn't help but laugh at his girlfriend's antics, he knew if it was anyone besides Elmira or Beatrix who spoke to him the way the blonde fairy did that Andreas would immediately start a fight. With Elmira though the older man didn't even bother to fight back, listening to her complaints and allowing her to have some essence of fun just to make the blonde girl laugh. "Do you think we could get away with sneaking off?". 

The blonde girl's question only made the man laugh more, Riven immediately dropping back in his seat as he knew that false laughter all too well. "You mean, will Rosalind notice one of her two star pupils missing? Absolutely." Andreas confirmed, shaking his head as he tried to find something to distract his hands with - his wine glass seemingly still frozen over in front of his daughter. 

"Ugh come on. Cover for us Dad?". Elmira pleaded, leaning forward she flashed her best pleading eyes in an attempt at getting the man to budge on his current stance. "And leave me here to face Rosalind's wrath? Nice try Blizzard." With one final huff the blonde girl turned her attention towards her boyfriend instead, trying to find any ounce of amusement in their dreadfully slow day. "I'm sorry you were dragged into this." The blonde girl apologized to her boyfriend, knowing she was the only reason he was there. 

"Don't be ridiculous princess, you know I'd be having a worst time without you." Riven whispered back, smiling as the girl rested her head on his shoulder - the previous formalities of the day seemingly slipping away the more the guests drank. "At least you'd be able to get high without being watched like a hawk." The ice fairy complained, tilting her head slightly to the multiple guests whose eyes had barely left that of the blonde girl. "Don't worry about them, they're just a bunch of nosey old people who forgot what it's like to live without harsh restrictions and rules." 

The third-year specialist's comment made the ice fairy smile slightly, lifting her head she planted a soft kiss on the boy's lips - smiling more at the instant feeling of love and butterflies. Andreas however interrupted their moment, motioning to the fact Arthur had finally stood up to start addressing the crowd, kicking the teenager under the table the blonde let out a small hiss of pain before pulling away. "Rude." Elmira whispered under her breath, sitting up in her chair once more as she paid attention to the rude older man.