Chapter Forty-Seven

---

---

"I think it's best if I stay here tonight, give you an alibi in case Rosalind sends a guard to check up on you and all that..." Beatrix trailed off, her fingers picking at the sides of her nails as she looked down at the floor of their loungeroom. "Why would you stay here? Bloom could have something to help get your powers back." The ice fairy reasoned, stepping closer to her best friend as she spoke. "And if she does, you'll tell me the second you get back here. I'll only slow you down Mira, we both know that." 

Elmira wanted to say otherwise, insist her best friend was just as valuable in stealth missions as she used to be, the truth was however Beatrix hadn't been in the right mindset since losing her powers. She'd been just as valuable without them when they had trained for the worst-case scenarios in the past but mentally? Elmira knew her best friend wasn't at her most stable and honestly, nor was the ice fairy. The only difference between them was their powers and lack of. Both girls were at their breaking point, and both could slip up just as badly.

"I'll be okay Mira, just do me a favour - take Riven or Tahmina with you. I don't want this to be some kind of trap." The blonde girl simply nodded as a response, leaning in and hugging her best friend before she stood back up - dressed in the same clothes as she wore to the funeral, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and went to text her boyfriend before hesitating. 

The ice fairy was aware if she asked Riven to keep an eye out tonight, he would only push her for whatever information the blonde received - she couldn't put him in danger again, it was the main reason she had continued to lie to him about her heritage and the pain she was experiencing. The thought of Riven being tortured by Rosalind a few months back was enough to push the blonde girl to lie despite their past. 

Shaking her head Elmira texted Tahmina, the pair hadn't spent time together since the day Andreas went looking for Beatrix - the ice fairy blaming herself for not being there with him when the ambush occurred, instead she was with her ex-girlfriend. Checking the time, she saw there was only ten minutes until she was due to meet Bloom and she still needed to get through the conveniently placed guards around the school. 

Rosalind had insisted they were there for the safety of the students, it didn't take long to figure out that was just another lie told by the headmistress to control the narrative. Luckily for the ice fairy she had become an expert at sneaking out of Alfea - her nights spent sneaking into her boyfriend's dorm during Dowling's reign had helped the blonde improve that skill. 

Within minutes she had managed to make her way past the Specialist's dorm only to be met with a familiar redhead leaning against one of the side buildings, out of view from the guards but in perfect eyesight of Elmira. "I knew you'd come this way." Tahmina confessed, a smirk on her face as she pushed herself off of the wall and walked alongside the ice fairy. "It is the easiest route to sneak past our 'protectors'." The blonde whispered, fighting the small smile that dared to appear.