[Undertale - Frans Week #7 / Valentine's]

It's the last one! Though it's a bit late, enjoy.

Third Person P.O.V.

   Sans sighed in defeat. How did it get to this?

   Oh right. Because he was too cowardly to ask Frisk out for Valentine's Day this year. Again. And then all their friends were out with their significant others, or busy. So, when Frisk had suggested they all hang out together, only he had accepted.

   Leaving them together. Alone. On Valentine's Day.

   Absolutely lovely.

   So here he was, outside the human's house, waiting for Frisk.

   "Hey!"

   Sans turned, before his mind blanked and a blush appeared on his cheeks.

   Frisk was wearing a white, collared, short-sleeved shirt that tied off at the bottom. It had a deep blue stripe running across the top. Underneath was a pair of black leggings with pastel pink high-tops. Her hair was put up in a causal wavy half-up-half-down type hairstyle. Slung over her shoulder was a mini backpack.

   Basically, she looked good. And cold. Frisk was also very cold. She hadn't prepared for the winter weather.

   Sans himself was wearing a long-sleeved sweater. It was gray but with some logo on the front. Jeans were worn below that, and a decently-sized blue hoodie wrapped around his waist. Black sneakers were on his feet, and a light blue beanie on his head.

   Finally, he snapped back into reality. "H-Hey."

   She giggled, and they went on their way to walk... somewhere? There were no specifics. A light conversation bounced back and forth until something caught Sans' eye.

   "Want hot cocoa?" He asked. He casually pointed out a hot cocoa stand. Frisk's eyes lit up, adorably in Sans' opinion, and she quickly nodded yes. His eyes lingered on the childish gleam in her eyes, before turning to purchase the hot liquid.

   They sipped their drinks not too long after. Still, they walked, passing Muffet and Grillby's cafe-diner, Fiery Sweets. It took one glance to enter the establishment.

   At the counter, an employee was seated instead of the typical Muffet. She's probably out with Grillby for the holiday, Frisk thought.

   "Can I have a cinnamon bun?" She asked. The cashier nodded, glancing towards Sans.

   He glanced at the menu, looking for a pastry to try. "I'll just have a blueberry muffin."

   With a nod, they paid and watched their respective desserts be placed in front of them. Then, they chose a booth to sit in.

   Still sipping her hot cocoa, Frisk glanced at the window outside. "I wonder what the others are doing, since it's so cold."

   Sans, who had finished his drink and was enjoying his muffin, replied with "I think Paps and Mettaton are watching a movie, Alphys and Undyne too. Tori and Asgore said something about dinner."

   He too stared out the window, "Grillbz and Muffet thought spending the day quietly was a good idea. Asriel was planning to surprise Chara with ice-skating. I don't know too much about the others." His answer was met with silence.

   The skeleton turned to face Frisk, "What?"

   She was gaping at him, slightly surprised.

   "How do you know all of that?" To that, Sans just shrugged, "I remember stuff."

   Frisk nodded after a moment, before shifting the conversation to something else. Eventually, they left the cozy restaurant.

   Walking around was somehow entertaining for a bit. Frisk was shivering, her clothes not suited for the frigid breeze. So, Sans untied the jacket around his waist and handed it to her. She took it with a blushed smile, popping her collar out of the oversize hoodie.

   After they lost interest in mindlessly walking around, they approached a park. It was empty, as the cold scared off many families.

   Sans sat on one swing, gently rocking back and forth. Frisk copied his movement next to him. Again, light conversation arose... until a certain topic was mentioned.

   "I'm glad we could hang out," Frisk sighed, "I was planning to just mope around in my singleness for Valentine's."

   "Same." Sans grinned lazily, secretly pleased she enjoyed his company one-on-one.

   Giving herself an extra high kick-off, the swing took her sailing in the air. "I mean, I was wanting to ask out yo-" She cut off quickly. "Uh, I-I mean..."

   Sans' eyes shot wide open, "Wait, really?"

   Frisk knew she couldn't lie her way out of this, so she shyly nodded.

   He stared for a few moments longer until snapping. A box of chocolates and flowers appeared out of thin air, landing in his hands. "I was planning to ask you, though."

   The brunette immediately pulled her swing to a pause. "Wait what?"

   He reassured her doubt by showing her the names scribbled on the box.

   To: Frisk
   From: Sans

   It was basic, yes, but that's one of the reasons he didn't go through with it. "I chickened out." He admitted with a bit of embarrassment.

   "Oh. I-" Frisk cut off again, staring at him in disbelief. He returned that stare.

   They silently processed that they could've been on a date this entire time.

   "Wait..." She began again.

    Sans jokingly commented on how they've been waiting a lot in this conversation, but shut up when Frisk said, "We've been on an unofficial date. This was basically an unofficial date."

   He paused for a moment too, then facepalmed. "We... are so dense."

   "Yep."

   The silence was disputed when they both burst out laughing.

   "Well," Sans turned to face her again, "Though we're late because we are oblivious," Jokingly, he offered the flowers and heart-shaped box to her.

   "Would you like to be my Valentine, Frisk?"

   A smile lifted her lips, "I would."

   "Great." She giggled at his comment.

   They sat in a comfortable silence again. The only sounds were the creaking on the swaying swings. Sans' skeletal hands found their way into hers.

   Frisk leaned back a tad, careful not to fall off, then jumped to a standing position. Sans allowed her to pull him up too.

   "Happy Valentine's Day. Now how about we finish this now official date?"

   I'm done! I'm done.

   I feel exhausted from this week of continuous writing, haha. I hope you liked the story.

   Happy Valentine's Day!

   Stay safe, and I platonically love you all! <3

~Vie
-1046 words-