[Tribetale - Late]

So uh, I have a confession to make. I don't know almost anything about TribeTale. I looked at the original comic, but as some of it is in Chinese, which I cannot read, so I don't know the full story. If anything is wrong, I'm really sorry!

   And it's semi-short, again, apologies.

   As expected, this contains some spoilers for the storyline of TribeTale.

Frisk P.O.V.

   I drummed my fingers against my other arm, sighing.

   He's late again.

   In the distance, loud thumping could be heard. Ah, there he is. Right on time, and by that, I mean five minutes late, Sans appeared. He was huffing from the long run.

   The giant leaned over and put his hands on his knees. Once he had caught his breath, he glanced back up.

   "You're late." Brushing my hair out of my face, I frowned.

      Sans winced loudly, guilt clearly clawing at him. "I'm..." The male took a breath to even his unexpectedly unstable voice. "I'm sorry. Let's go?" Hand outstretched, he attempted a small grin.

   Idly, my sight grazed over his hand, before delicately taking it. He lead me through the beautiful trail. We were on a date, but it wasn't too fancy.

   I made a point to not make any eye contact with Sans. Instead, I studied the blooming forest.

   Everything was so vibrant and alive. From the fresh leaves to the petite flowers, it was a wonder to be seen.

   Warm sunlight dappled through the canopy of lush trees, forming a small spotlight in the trial. In of which, I slowed down momentarily to bask in the heat.

   Far, far behind the seeming "barrier" of trees, I could just barely spot a lake, glittering peacefully.

   As I was admiring the view, I nearly ran into a low-hanging vine. I ducked last minute, only to see a beautiful orange flower. Nimbly, I skimmed my fingertips over the surface.

   This one was light orange, with dotted dark spots, and a yellow gradient into the middle. The anthers sprung from the core. I loved it.

   (I may have gone just a tiny bit overboard with my imagery. Back to the actual plot.)

   I recognized it as an alstroemeria, a flower of which represented devotion, among other things. I thinly smiled at the slight irony.

   To be completely honest, I had almost forgotten Sans was there, despite my hand being placed in his. He must've noticed my uncharacteristic quietness, and the fact I had come to a full stop, for he cleared his throat.

   I looked back at him. "Oh, sorry."

   "It's alright..." We kept walking. A stiff silence overtook us, and even when Sans attempted to make jokes, hoping for me to laugh or react, that fell into tense quiet too.

    Out of the blue, he spoke. "...Are you mad I wasn't on time?" Sans seemed genuinely worried about my reaction.

   I considered lying, but decided against it. "Well, yes. Kind of. You're just... always late." I directed my eyes to the now oh-so-interesting dirt.

   "It used to be endearing, like a small silly detail about you. But now... now I feel like it just means you don't care about me as much." Waving my other hand around, I exasperatedly tried to pacify my words.

   "I know you love me! You always say it. But... people always talk about those partners that say they love you but don't put in any of the work to. I don't know how to feel."

   When I glanced back up, Sans' eyes were placed worriedly on me.

   "Frisk... I'm so sorry. I didn't know you felt that way, I..." Suddenly, determination overtook his expression. "I won't be late ever again. Not if it makes you feel that way."

   I laughed lightly at his tone. "That's unrealistic."

   Sans' voice softened. "I know it is, but I don't ever want you to doubt that I love you. I'll never be late, I promise."

   ...You promised. You swore you wouldn't ever be late. But I don't know if you can keep that promise now. I fear you'll be too late. But it's okay, I forgive you.

   I laid there in a pool of my own blood. Memories of when Chara took over me when I touched blood came running back. But Chara wasn't here. I didn't wonder why.

   Gradually, I felt my eyelids slightly droop. This was it.

   I could hear distant footsteps, running faster then I ever had heard before. Sans.

   Opening my eyes, I saw an extremely worried Sans. "Frisk!"

   I chuckled lightly, though it was a bit painful, "You weren't late." Relief glimmered in his eyes. He breathed an "Of course not." Before cradling me in his arms, and standing up.

   "Let's get you back to Alphys." He said. I smiled weakly.

   He had kept his promise.

   There you go! This was partly inspired by part of the original comic. I don't really like it, more so than usual, but it'll sadly have to do for now.

   (I mean, I could've made it angsty but nah... maybe the next oneshot could be angst though. I don't know... will it?)

   This oneshot was requested by AquelynnHFox ! I'm sorry, I don't know much about TribeTale, and it's partly rushed and short. As always, I'm 100% glad to re-do if you're not happy with it. Thank you for requesting though!

   This book has (surprisingly) gotten a lot more attention lately. 3K reads, and multiple more requests. This means so much to me, thank you, everyone! I can't even begin to express my gratitude.

   Stay safe!

~Wolfie
-932 words-