[Undertale - Birthday]

This is kind of a special-

My birthday is around this time of year, sooo I figured I should maybe write a small oneshot! (Edit: It turned out to be not a small oneshot-) It's like all fluffy though.

Please read the below, it's important, and I have a small announcement.

Also, I'm going by Vie (Pronounced Vee or Vee-Ay, whichever you like. Just spelled differently because why not.) as my pen name now, instead of Wolfie. It's not my real name, not really close to it actually, but I like it!

So yeah, address me as Vie, and I'll sign off as Vie. I felt like Wolfie was overdone, and a bit unprofessional when I post actual original stories. I won't change every chapter I've posted though, just from now on.

Frisk P.O.V.

I didn't expect much for my birthday. I didn't want much, to be honest. I wasn't used to grand and elaborate parties, as I didn't have the best relationship with my biological family.

So... when I was awoken before the sun rose and blindfolded by my boyfriend, Sans, and sat into our car, I didn't know what to expect.

"Where are we going?" I asked for about the hundredth time. Sans chucked. "It's a surprise for a reason, sweetheart."

I felt the car slow to a pause, and heard a door opening and slamming shut. A breeze of wind hit my skin as the door beside me opened up, and skeletal hands guided me out of the car.

Grass brushed against my ankles, and I could hear a light crashing of waves far away. Gradually, the grass went away and was replaced by something soft and unstable. Sand?

A sudden wave of sea-salt air overwhelmed me. "Are we at the beach?" I asked.

Sans responded with a low hum of agreement. We walked a while longer until he steadily un-knotted the blindfold. It was taken away from my eyes, and revealed a picnic blanket with food displayed on it. Then, I saw the reason we left so early.

The sunrise.

A warm gradient of paint seemed to be splashed across the sky, little clouds flickering across the sky by a brush. The sea was complemented by the beautiful colors, having the light highlight the tall waves. The lower points were so clear and misty, I could nearly spot the sand under. The bright sun peeked over the endless ocean, and I was speechless.

"Like it?" Sans asked curiously. Sans.

I turned and tackled him into a hug. "It's amazing!" He smiled at this, "You did say you wanted to see the sunrise one day." then booped my nose, "But you were such a night owl that you never got up in time."

His hand took mine and led us down to the picnic blanket. Vibrant fruits and breakfast foods were strewn about across the red-and-white plait cloth.

We ate in a comfortable silence, me leaning on him, and watching the sun inch up the sky. There were times we murmured words, or asked to be handed something, but the silence was welcomed.

After we cleaned up, I happily exclaimed "Let's go home!"

Sans only raised an eyebrow... bone? Brow ridge?

"Who says that's all that I have planned?"

--

He took me to the carnival. The carnival.

--

We flitted between booth to booth, getting cotton candy or popcorn. Every time I snuck a handful of his popcorn, though, Sans would jokingly push me away.