[Flowerfell - Sunshine]

It's short and angsty. That's all I have to say.

The original lyrics used are from "You Are My Sunshine" by Johnny Cash. I only modified them in the end!

Third Person P.O.V.

You are my sunshine,

Frisk laughed blissfully. This only stunned Sans into a silence. She looks so... radiant. Like sunlight.

Flowey sighed at the obvious skeleton.

My only sunshine.

"Sans? You're back?" The human asked. The said monster hugged Frisk from behind, murmuring.

"Hey, sunshine."

Frisk kindly smiled at the new nickname. Sans took in every ounce of that smile, like it was the only light and color in a dark and gray world.

You make me happy,

She looked from behind the snowy tree curiously. "Why is everyone frowning?" He glanced at her. "What do ya mean, sweetheart?"

She gestured at the passing monsters. "They're all so monochrome. No one is smiling, no one is laughing, no one is happy."

"That's just how it is."

Frisk frowned at that. "Are you happy?"

Sans chuckled.

"Only with you, sunshine."

When skies are gray.

Waterfall was a beautiful place. From the sparkling and calm lake, the soft trickling of the cascading water, the blue hue of the Echo Flowers, to the melodic lullaby from far away, it was truly melancholic.

Which wasn't helpful to the skeleton standing in the center of it all.

Memories flashed by of him and his little brother happily playing in the water, running around the cavern's corridors, and laughing with a childish innocence. Memories of a brother he no longer knew.

A distant yet sad look crossed Sans' face. This look was consistent when Frisk called, "Sans! Where did you run off to-"

When she stopped sprinting and spotted him. "Sans?"

He hesitantly turned and gave a half-hearted grin. "I'm alright." Frisk's expression dropped into one of sadness. She quickly gave him a hug.

"It's okay to not be okay sometimes."

Sans only blinked away tears in response.

You'll never know, dear,

She spun around in the field of Echo Flowers, then turned to see him lovingly gazing at her. "What?"

He only shook his head, grinning. "Nothing."

How much I love you.

Through the blazing heat from the lava, Sans' hoodie hid the human. Both were sweating from the temperature and long hike they took.

Pass monsters, puzzles, fights, labs, the Core, and the castle, he was there to protect her.

Why?

Because he loved her.

Please don't take my sunshine away.

Flowers. Bright buttercup flowers bloomed everywhere on her body. With every reset, every death, only more grew.