[Dancetale - Rhythm]

Note before we start. I mean no offense to ballet. It's a hard style to master!

I'm just trying to replicate how after doing something for so long, it can seem boring. No matter how hard it is or how much you enjoy it.

You need diversity. Like eating the same thing every day, no matter how good it is, you'll be craving something else after a while.

Just wanted to clear that up. You may continue!

Frisk P.O.V.

I ended my dance in a graceful pirouette, and then a bow. The audience clapped politely. I stepped back into the audience and watched the next performer go. She was doing a hip-hop routine.

I'll admit, I was jealous. Not of how the crowd cheered. Not of how she won the competition, whilst I had a bronze medal. I was jealous of her confidence.

I loved ballet, don't get me wrong, but how I wished I could stand on that stage and dance to the energized beat. But no.

That train of thought followed me throughout the celebratory party my friends held for me. It dragged me down during my morning run, the pop music mocking me. All through the week, I was dejected.

Cue Friday night. A whole day of going partying with Undyne, Mettaton, Papyrus, and Sans. A whole day filled of the feeling of awkwardly watching as my friends danced adventurously.

Once, I had started moving to the beat, and felt a bit free, until the eyes of those around me turned to watch. Expecting.

I gave up nervously and walked into the corner and continued watching.

And now, laying in my bed. We were staying at a hotel for the competition, and planned to leave Monday.

Letting out a sigh, I tossed and turned. The restlessness I felt all week was getting to me. At 2 A.M., I couldn't take it.

Quietly, I got out of bed, changed into a presentable outfit, and snuck out of the room. I stopped outside of the skelebros' room, but quickly slinked away.

Not wanting to seem like I was wandering aimlessly to any random staff members (Though that was what I was doing.), I walked to the dance studio.

I chose a random room in there and started up my normal classical playlist.

Facing the mirror, I struck an arabesque.

(Basically, that thing where they balance on one foot, and do a 90 degree lift with their other leg. I don't know how to describe it. ._. Search it up if your curious.)

I stared at the reflection. It was a flawless move. Both legs perfectly straight, the arms elegantly stretched out. Petite, poised, cautious.

That's what was bothering me. It seemed so... safe. I wanted to be risky. I dropped it and sighed.

I took out my phone and scrolled to my hip hop music. It had been a while since I had done hip hop. Perhaps 9 or 10 years? Sometime before I focused on ballet.

I felt the beat in my heart, the energy in my veins. I bounced from move to move. By the end of it, my chest heaved as I caught my breath.

Even with my exhaustion, a smile flitted across my face. Oh, to be free.

But that grin dropped when I heard clapping.

"That was good."

Sans P.O.V.

I heard the shuffling outside me and Pap's door. I hadn't gotten a second of sleep that night. My insomnia had been at it again.

Lately, I had full nights of sleep, but not today, I guess. Or was the correct term "yesterday"?

I stayed for a while, before I heard slight music. Pop? Was Mettaton or Undyne dancing? At 2 A.M.? I wonder if something's keeping them up. Or who's dancing.

My curiosity got the best of me, and I swiftly changed and went towards the sound.

I peeked into the window, totally not stalker-like. Then I saw Frisk. Hip hop? I've never seen her dance like that. I watched, perhaps a once in a lifetime chance of seeing Frisk doing a hip hop routine.

After the song ended, I teleported inside. Hopefully, she doesn't think I'm stalking her. Clapping, I said, "That was good."

Frisk P.O.V.

My head whipped around. S-Sans? I blushed. He saw that! "Never saw you do a hip hop routine, kid."

I stayed silent before muttering, "D-Don't call me kid." He chuckled.

We sat down against the wall.

"Can't sleep?"

"...no" This is so awkward!

"Me neither. Why did you go to the dance studio?"

"I wanted to dance."

"Well, duh." Sans laughed.

"What about you? Insomnia?" I asked worriedly.

He smiled, with a bit melancholy. "Yeah. I'm okay though."

We sat there for a while, listening to the music, before Sans got up. He stood in front of me and reached out his hand.

"Well, you wanna keep dancing?" I smiled, still not tired. "Yeah."

I grabbed his outstretched hand, and he pulled me towards the center, as the rhythm filled the room.

I guess I'll end it there.

...hi..?

I'm sorry, don't hate me. ;-; Yes I know it's been pretty much 2 months since I last posted.

I told you this didn't update frequently, didn't I? (No seriously, did I tell you that?)

Question, if I were to start up an actual, original book, would you guys read it? Even if that means this book will update even slower than it already does?

I'm considering it, and I am mapping out the story. It's based on Greek mythology (Yes, indeed, I did read Percy Jackson.)

The base was "Modern-day Icarus". You know, wax wings, fell from the sky,
died. Except he was reincarnated? Not exactly sure on the story yet.

That is all I have to say. Bye guys! ^w^

~Wolfie
-972 words-