[Undertale - With A Pinch Of Cinnamon]

Yeah, it's a coffee shop AU ._. I couldn't resist, I'm a sucker for them.

Frisk P.O.V.

I sighed. The coffee shop, named "The Ruins" and owned by Toriel, my adoptive mother, was loud and busy. Monster and humans alike occupied the tables and seats, sipping on hot drinks and munching on baked treats.

Being an employee in this fairly well-known cafe was interesting, to say the least. It was nice. The customers were kind, with the occasional rude one, it was a job I enjoyed, and the decent pay went towards my college savings.

I hummed as I leaned over the lavender counter. All the patrons were tended to, leaving me waiting for any new ones to enter.

And with that, a person stepped inside, the bell signifying a new arrival. My breathing hitched.

It was someone from my high school, Sans Gaster. We weren't friends, we've haven't even talked one on one before. But I'd know that face anywhere, as he was my crush.

Now before you go scolding me on falling for someone I never talked to, consider this. He's sweet, smart, and funny. Not to mention cute. Can you really blame me?

He approached the counter, disinterested in his surroundings. We made eye contact when he finally reached where I was.

Sans took a sharp inhale, "O-Oh, hey."

"Hello! How can I help you, Sans?" His expression of confusion helped me realize my mistake. "We go to the same high school. We have English together."

Nodding, he glanced at the menu. "Could I get a small vanilla macchiato, with double shot espresso, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup, please?"

I smiled. When I turned, I heard him mumble something. "What was that?"

"Uh- a- a pinch of cinnamon too, please!" Sans squeaked.

Confused, I simply turned around again.

After making and giving the skeleton his drink, he sat down at a table, pulling out a notebook and laptop from the backpack slung around his chair. Then, Sans began studying notes. For the English test, I recognized.

Day and day after that, Sans came in at around 5:30 in the afternoon, without fail. He'd get the same order, sometimes purchasing a treat to go along with it. Then, he'd sit down, study, or do homework for school. It became a daily part of my day that I became custom to, one of the highlights of it, in fact.

Eventually, it came to the point I memorized his order, making it right before he entered so it was ready right off the bat. Every time, I remembered to add a pinch of cinnamon.

-Years Later-

Sans sighed, dropping his bag loudly on the couch. I glanced over to him while making lunch, "What's wrong?"

"Bad day, co-workers are being idiots, and I'm tired as heck." He yawned, "Had to wake up and leave early. Couldn't even get any kind of caffeine."

Putting down the plate in my hand, I frowned sympathetically, "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Just tired."

Did I forget to mention that we're married? Oops.

Sans continued, "I got to go do some more work. I'll see you in a bit."

Humming an agreement, an idea popped into my head. A grin made its way across my face.

-Time Skip-