Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Monday came around slower than expected. It didn't matter how much Heather and Mark tried to cheer me up, i still felt like someone came and punched me in the gut. It wasn't all Mr.Kim though, no.

But he was the reason i realized just how i hadn't ever stopped to think about my life or anything else for that matter.

Like my parents...where the hell where they?

My mom would reply to my messages enough for me to know she's even alive but they were so quick and short that it didn't feel like i was talking to her at all.

I appreciated Heather and Marks constant attempts to make me feel better though, they told me it was because i'd never experienced having a crush this serious before and that i wasn't used to being with a guy i liked for this long.

It shouldn't have hurt me since all they did then was talk, it's not like they started to date or something.

But it still did, it still hurt me even though he probably didn't mean to. I wasn't even mad that he was flirting anymore, though it did hurt quite a lot, i was more mad at the fact that he acted like he was interested and led me on to believe that maybe he wanted this, that maybe be wanted me.

Though now i realize how much a fool i was. Mr.Kim. A person like him liking me?

Maybe that was all in my head too, that it wasn't him leading me on but me thinking he was interested because he gave me more attention than i was used to.

But did i have to shout at him at that crowded restaurant?! He didn't deserve that, not after helping me so much.

But then why would he tell me not to learn how to fight? Whether it was defense or not, why'd he even care? Wasn't it better for me in the future?

I hum, acknowledging Heather when she sits next to me in the library.

Wait, she had that extra english lesson thing today...

And because i'd been laying my head on the table for about over half an hour, i groan when i move my stiff neck, looking up to see who sat next to me and why they'd choose to sit here when the whole library was basically empty.

"Justin?" i ask, confused as hell, "don't you have like football practice right now?"

I watch as he laughs shyly, scratching the back of his neck, "no thats after school, this is the last period..."

"oh yea," i laugh for no reason, "whats up?"

"nothing much, just saw you here and thought i'd keep you company," he leans back and crosses his arms.

My face was covered when i was lying on the table so he couldn't have known it was me that fast and he sat next to me without even checking?

Narrowing my eyes, "Heather told you to come right?"