Chapter 23

Chapter 23

When we're about to reach the school gates, i see Jimin talking to Mark as well as Heather on her phone standing next to them. Looking down at our interwined hands and then at Mr.Kims face, i try to smile slightly without blushing when he catches me staring.

"are you guys going somewhere?" i ask so that he thinks i was about to ask him something and wasn't just staring at him.

He just shrugs, smiling smugly to himself after looking away which makes me knit my eyebrows in confusion because what?

Also the fact that Heather was the first to look up when we were a few meters away from them and what she focused on was our interwined hands didn't make me feel any more better than it did when Mr.Kim had first held it a few minutes ago.

It's not like i forgot he did that in the first place, how could i when i was being reminded of it everytime he slightly squeezed it.

I was sure all heather could see was Mr.Kim and a walking tomato. Maybe thats why she was smirking to herself, she thinks she's slick, looking back at her phone and trying to fight the smirk off but i saw it. I was about to scoff at her when we got a bit closer but all thoughts went out my mind when Mr.Kim gave my hand a more than usual (usual being whatever i had to get used to the last few minutes) squeeze to my hand and then he lets go because we finally reached the group and it would be weird just holding hands infront of them if we weren't even walking.

Wait, him holding my hand itself wasn't normal! What does this even mean, does this mean something? Do friends hold hands like this?

Do i hold Marks hand like this?

No.

Slowly i look up at Mr.Kim who was still smiling but his mouth was moving and he wasn't looking at me anymore and it took a few seconds for me to realize he was talking to Jimin.

"Celia, can u hear me?" Heather pats my cheek and because i've had enough of people abusing my cheek i swat her hand away a bit forcefully after regaining my ability to talk.

Heather didn't seem fazed, it seemed like this made her more amused and i had no idea why i wasn't in the mood to get teased by her. Not when i was so confused myself.

"stop," i whine, finally letting out the biggest sigh ever. I was tired and worn out and honestly just sleepy.

I hadn't slept and had to stay an extra hour for detention and now the exhaustion was getting to me.

"woah, you look dead, you good?" Heathers teasing face is instantly wiped off and now she looked a bit worried.

"i look dead?" i smile slightly.