Laughs demonically at 3AM for no reason...

________________________

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, trying to imagine my memories being played on the dimly lit surface.

The way Mr. Kim had looked at me and the amazing sound of his deep melodic laugh before i had practically shoved myself into the bathroom. The way he was smiling a little too brightly when i came back, eyes sparkling and eyeing my movements while holding himself back from laughing.

I had never seen him look so... Happy.
And it did something to my heart. I smile and cover my face with my pillow, blushing.

And when he dropped me back home he and jimin walked with me to the door, again. Which was weird because no one does that when they're just dropping someone off but i suppose that is normal for them.

And i have a new friend, i open my phone and see jimins name in my contacts. I laugh when i remember that i had to reassure him that no, i didn't find him repulsive and yes, i actually did want to keep in touch.

And also the fact that i did know he was joking but it was quite sudden so my body reacted and the coke jumped to my windpipe.

Needless to say, he still looked traumatized and i heard him mutter, 'never again'.

Mr. Kim and jimin had treated me nicely, they had smiled widely when they dropped me off and then they continued talking animatedly when they walked back to the car, or thats what i saw when i peaked through the my curtains to make sure they were gone.

It's pretty weird that i was hanging out with them in the first place, but why didnt it feel like that?

Was it maybe because Mr. Kim and jimin weren't all that much older than me.

I hear the front door open and freeze for a second to hear my parents incoherent talking and their footsteps come up the stairs. I feel a bit too tired to greet them and this was the one of those days I actually didn't want to remind myself that my parents actually sucked.

Or maybe im just exaggerating, but i wasn't in the mood to pretend everything was okay when really my house was messed up and my parents probably sometimes forgot they had a child.

I let out a sigh when they enter their room but Im a little suprised no one peaked their head in to see if i was asleep. Just a little though.

Maybe they did forget about me after all. I snort... Imagine.

_.____🌼____._

I walk over to the Cafeteria looking around to find Mark and Heather. It was pretty crowded but not something we all weren't already used to.

Its been days since we went to Mcdonalds, the memory bringing a smile to my face but sometimes it turns into a grimace when i think of how i embarrassed myself.

I'm lucky Mr. Kim doesnt talk about it or even make the slightest bit fun of me, he's been acting like a professional teacher and i couldn't help but feel relieved. Treated me like a normal student, mostly ignoring me though, because thats just how it was unless i talked in class. I never raised my hands to answer either so he never picked me, neither did he pick me by himself, like he did last time and i was immensely grateful for that.