8

——
Well well well....i felt motivated to write another chapter
——-
Rae
I felt like I was sitting in this chair forever. Adrian had left me with some maids to 'get me ready'. There was Eve a werewolf, who didn't meet my eyes. Then were was Clove who was the sweetest human I had ever met. She also talked a lot. She was was doing my hair as Eve just sat in the corner. She had 'done my makeup' which really all she did was pluck my eyebrows a bit, did some eyeliner, mascara, and then some sparkles. Clove said I didn't really need that much. So I just left everything to their judgement. 

"You're hair is so soft. And you look so cute with your ears and tail out. I am sure everyone is going to be so jealous of you," Clove rambled on, "Can all werewolves do that?"

"No she is a mutt, half human, its disgusting. No one is gonna be jealous of her, "Eve snorted from the corner. 

"Just because you aren't a mutt doesn't mean you are that much better than me," I snapped back, "its not like you are in a pack."

"I am here for my family honor!" Eve growled as she stood up, "I volunteered idiot. I am nothing like you." And with that she left the room. I technically wasn't supposed to talk to anyone, per Adrians instructions. But Clove said it was okay since it was just them. I also couldn't imagine Clove just rambling on for hours without some of my input. 

"Don't mind her. She has always been a bit snippy. The party has everyone a bit on edge," Clove whispered getting a distant look in her brown eyes. She pulls away from my head and holds up a mirror to the back of my head so I could see. She had curled my hair and added little braids. Silver clips and purple stones cascaded around my air. It looked beautiful. 

"What...what is this party about?" I ask softly.

"Its normal to have parties often. Adrien likes to have the leaders over so he can keep tabs on everyone. It also helps keep the mood light. Vampires love luxury and parties. There will be some witches, warlocks, and alphas attending. So its going to be a really big one. Which means everything needs to be perfect," Clove sighs and she sits down and starts to paint my nails. The smell was harsh and burned my nose. "Have you meet an Alpha? Eve always loses her shit along with the other werewolf workers."

"I did when I was younger..." I say thinking of the brief period of my life before dungeons and cells and bars, "But not one of the true Alphas....is a true Alpha going to be at the party?" I asked starting to feel worry and dread. Technically...I should be dead. Werewolves mating with humans was against our law and mutts were killed when they were born. The Alpha of my pack let me live to be a servant in his house... he liked my mom. I groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my head. I never did like remembering the past. 

There were lots of Alphas but only two families were considered true. They rained over all the wolves and help keep order. They were a different breed of wolf, stronger, more powerful. Like Adrian they help supernatural powers. 

"Well be prepared. Alpha William Dire and his son Lucas will be there. Eve says it makes your wolves...feel a kind of way," she shrug her shoulders, "I am not sure since I am just a human."

"How did you learn to talk so fluently," I asked. 

"My family has worked here for generations. It's helpful for everyone if we can talk fluently and read a bit," she humed. She stood me up and readjusted my dress making sure everything was in place. I honestly expected to be kept naked. But Adrian had sent a dress for me to wear. I looked in the mirror at the dark purple dress that had some light blue stones on it. Purple was the color of Adrians family. So Clove told me. I touched the gem with his letters initialed. 

He had purposely toyed with me. But there wasn't much I could do. If he was King...there wasn't anything I could do. Clove made a hole in the back of my dress for my tail. My fluffy white tail was contrasted by the purple of the dress. I realized the gem was also purple. That made more sense. I looked in the full body mirror as I turned to the side looking over myself. 

I had never felt so beautiful before. I looked lovely. But I didn't feel lovely. The news about a true Alpha attending had me on edge. I felt like Adrien wouldn't let anything happen to me...or if something did happen it would be his doing. Cloves warm hand on my shoulder distracted me. 

"Please...be careful Clove. Adrian is a hard man to deal with and he has a lot of pressure. You are the first person that didn't look at me in disgust or tell me to shut up. And I appreciate you for that," I looked at her watery eyes. I mean...just because she was human...I never felt like they didn't deserve sympathy. I wasn't in a position to judge another person like that. "Just be safe and listen. I would really like to help you get dressed again."

"Thank you," I say softly as she bows and exits the room. I stare at my reflection. I remember seeing a book about a prince who got turned into a frog and the princess kissed him and he turned back. I stared at my dress. It looked like the one from the book. I went over and sat on the bed. The dress was a bit heavy and kind of hard to move in. It would take more effort to escape if I needed to. 

"Ah you look a lot better."

I jumped at the sound of Adrians voice. I turned and looked behind me. When my eyes came back forward he was right in front of me. My breathe caught in my throat and my body tensed up. He was dressed like...a King. He had a large silver crown on his head and he wore a tux with purple adornments. 

"Sweet thing. Now you will be on your best behavior understood. Only speak when spoken to. I don't necessarily mind you talking to the maids in free time. Clove is a sweet girl. But at this party. Do not speak to other servants. Simple nods and curtsies will do..." he hesitated as he looked over me, "Do a curtsy for me."

"A curtsy?" I say unsure of what exactly he was talking about. He sighed and pulled me off the bed. He grabbed my  hands.

"Hold the sides of your dress bringing it up and bow. Keep your gaze down at all times," he said as he moved my arms for me. I bowed low. He grunted in approval. "Good now be a sweet girl. Clove had been here a long time and you two seemed to get along. So when needed you will be with her throughout the night. Now any questions?" 

I felt a bit more relaxed knowing I wouldn't be completely alone. "Clove said...True Alphas will be there," I said softly, "W-what if-"

Adrian waves his hand cutting me off, "I know you mutts should have been killed in infancy. But I won't let them kill you. My word is above their laws. A don't think just because their are your Alphas that you need to obey them over me. I know you dogs tend to get a bit anxiety when they are around."

"I-I will do my best Master," I whispered. I stared down at my hands. With my old Owner...I didn't always follow his instructions. But Adrian filled me with a different kind of fear. One that I knew I shouldn't go against. He reached forward petting my ears. I had to admit that felt good and I relaxed a bit. 

"Alright lets go. People will start arriving soon," he says attaching a thin silver chain to my collar.