14

When I woke up I did not feel fear. If anything I felt joy as I took in the scene around me. I was laying at the bottom of a tree wrapped in animal furs and blankets. I quickly pulled the blanket away as I looked down at my stomach. There was a large pink scar but It didn't hurt. I looked around me as a soft warm wind blew. 

"You are awake," Granny Beatrix said as she approached me. There was a girl next to her and both of them were dressed in long cream flowing dresses. Flowers were wrapped and braided into their hair. They sat on either side of me also looking over the now gone wound. the girl wrapped a soft white cloak around my shoulders. Tieing the front of it. 

"What is going on? Where is Adrian?" I ask still confused.

"It is alright you are safe here. No vampire or werewolf can find us," she purred and pushed my hair aside. It wasn't until she did that did I notice that my hair was now long and a golden blond that feel in large waves and curls around me. She brought her head up to my forehead.

I felt a sharp pain and pulled away. Confusion crossed her features as she looked over me.

"That is a self inflicted spell," she mumbled and sighed, "I can't break it."

The girl reached up to my forehead her purple eyes boring into my own as she touched my forehead. I felt a warm pass over me and I tilted my head at her. 

"Adele is also a reincarnation of someone from your time, however she has unlocked her past," Granny said those words as if I would understand them. Suddenly the girl crashed into me and her eyes filled with tears. I felt a sense of relief and I held her close to me. Her red hair was a bit curlier than mine and the smell of lilies came from her. She looked up at me with bright blue eyes. I suddenly saw my own reflection in them. As If I saw looking through her eyes. 

I was a a glowing form in her eyes. The true that we were laying in was a large one and each vine and steam seemed to be pointing towards me. My hair was wild around me, the sunlight shining through my hair. My eyes were startling blue and my cheeks were a rose pink. She reached up and touched my cheek breaking me out of seeing things from her eyes.

Her tan skin was contrasted to mine. But her eyes still held the familiarity.

"Dea," she mumbled. That name sparked something inside of me and I held her tighter. 

"Alright you two. Now that this family reunion is completed there are things we must discuss," Granny said standing. Adele also stood up holding onto my hand and pulling the cape closer around me. Shielding my naked body. I was confused, which was an understatement. But for the first time I felt safe and at peace. Having Adele clinging to my arm comforted me.

She didn't seem to be older than 10 but her eyes held knowledge well past that age. We passed many women dressed like Granny and Adele. Each one bowing slight as we walked to what was a fountain. Women had already starting to mingle towards us. Their eyes were on us, the low buzz of whispers in the air. But none of them were vampires or werewolves. Yet each one carried power much different than I had felt before. 

"Welcome to our Coven," Granny says she then turns two the crowd that had gathered around us. Usually felt anxious when eyes were on me, I would feel like prey surrounded my hungry monsters. 

But their eyes held comfort and adoration. For which I didn't understand. 

"We are witch. Those of us drawing power from nature, power at its truest form. We look up to two women, sister who took the power of magic to the fullest. Dea and Umbra. Our goddess and our shadow!" Granny's voice seemed to echo over the crowd. Adele grabbed her hands in my own. "She of many names our Mother, Goddess, Dea, Destiny, Regina, Queen, and now our Rae."

On cue the witches around us started whispering names, each name sounded familiar. Each one my own name yet not. I started to feel a stirring inside of me. Daisy had started to howl within me, her howl igniting my veins. 

They got down on their knees bowing down in front of me.

"We will aid our Mistress to break the cycle! Umbra's tyranny will be broken!" Granny roared and the women stood back up cheering. 

The cheering...sound of celebration. My mind flashed back to when I had the dream of the couple I marked. As they hugged and kissed I looked down at my reflection. 

I stared at the familiar creature in confusion. She was me with long blonde light golden hair that reflected the light in and through. My eyes shone brightly in the clear water. I was much older than I was now. My face held a look of joy and wisdom. A long white curved horn protruded from my forehead. 

Daisy screamed inside of me, rushing to me in full speed. I knew in that moment Daisy was not separate of me, but had been held back. Her voice and thoughts rammed into my own. But a blocker had been there preventing her form mingling with my own life. I had always been frightened. But as I felt the wolf banging endlessly into the wall, her howls of pain filled my ears. I pushed back with all my force, head first into the wall my eyes could not see

For together we were Dae. 

I felt a newness, an understanding, like I had breathed real air for the first time. I felt something trickling down my face. 

I looked down at the small hand that was now placed on my chest. Her blue eyes bore into mine.

"Auntie?" she whispered. I felt a crackle of lighting inside of me. I cupped her cheek and we were surrounded in darkness. Images flashed around us. The girl with dark hair and eyes who matched mine was laying on her back. I knew now she was Umbra, my sister. She was giving birth. Her hair was plastered to her skin and she threw her head back in agony. In an instant I was standing there holding her child she had just pushed out. I looked at the blood covered infant as it cried and struggled in my arms. It was strong and its eyes open I stared at its blue eyes. Its red hair was messed and tangled on her head. But I instantly knew this child as family. 

As I stared at her blue eyes I saw as she started to age. Even to the point were were hair was white. There was a man next to her aged with her. They both had the same Dimond and and pattered mark on their leg. Her mate. 

I was back to the preset. I blinked at Adele. She smiled widely looking above me. I turned to look behind me but a glare caught my attention. 

I stared down at the familiar reflection, a horn was now extended from my forehead, blood dripped down my face but I felt no pain. My ears seemed longer now curing towards the point of the horn.