15

Adrian 

I was infuriated. There stood Lucas and Nate in my office. Both were covered in blood. 

"Where is she?" I growled. 

"She is escaped," Nate seethed with an anger I hadn't seen before. He looked like he had a lot on his mind. He did not want to be here. 

"I had my men look everywhere for her, but other than her blood her scent is gone," Lucas growled, "What trick is this? You try to kill her then suddenly want to find her again? She is werewolf and belongs to me."

I growled at Lucas bold claim, "She is my pet!" I roared standing up abruptly having him pinned against the wall. "How do I not know this is a trick by you? Since you wanted her so badly how do I not know if you went ahead and stole her!" 

"If this was a trick I wouldn't be here!" Lucas growled back. His eyes were glowing golden and I knew he wanted to shift. The same way I wanted to sink my teeth into his neck and rip him to shreds. 

"You better watch your mouth dog. I am not sure how your pack would survive without you," I threaten. I let him go and he straighten his shirt. "I want all you dogs out of my castle. I will do my own search." Lucas left quickly and I was left to stare at Nate. 

He had said that Rae attacked him and he attacked her back. But there was something different. Nate was angry but a part of him looked scared. His hands still trembled at his sides. He reeked of Rae's blood. From the wound he had caused Rae should be dead. But she should be dead and laying in my bed. 

Not dead and missing.

But I knew somehow Rae was not dead. There was a reason she was gone at that moment. 

It made me feel useless. 

"Call the witches," I growled at Nate and he nodded his head leaving. I suddenly felt a sharp pain along my marks. I let out a sigh relaxing letting my marks show. It was a witches spell that kept my marks hidden, but I could stop the spell at times

I had always had these marks. Vampires got them at the age of 18, and I was much older than that now. Vampires looked at the marks more like a curse, because it could be centuries before you found your mate. They might not be born in your decade, or they had to be turned and then their marks would show. Generally vampires were mated to vampires, and werewolves to werewolves. Humans to humans. There were exceptions but those were mostly myths. 

My finger traced over the delicate black design. I hated it. Looking at these Marks Brought me so much anger. My mind went red and I flew through the house landing on the first human I could smell. My teeth sunk into the flesh as I drank desperately. Using the blood to try to soothe my anger. But when I pulled away I saw Rae's lifeless body in my arms. 

I blinked in shock dropping the body. 

Then there was Clove. Here eyes lifeless and her body limp and cold. 

Rae

There was a lot of information I knew was being kept from my mind. Sections of my past that I had blocked off from myself. Granny explained to me that once my marking showed I would be connected with my past again. 

Then she told me the fate I had meet every time I got my markings. 

"Your mate will kill you, each and every time," Granny said giving me a somber look. Adele nodded her head in agreement. 

"My mother cursed you and your mate," Adele mumbled

"So I am reincarnated every time I die?" I asked softly still trying to wrap my head around the whole idea, "What am I? What is this horn?" There were too many questions to ask.