19

"DO IT DO IT NOW" Granny kept on screaming in my head. But I couldn't. So I ran. I bolted out the door. I could...I looked down at my hand. I knew how to cut someones mind off....I could do that. I could actually live out my whole life...

But it would be without him. What if I told him? Would he even believe me? I screamed as I tripped and instead of hitting the floor I was falling and falling. I finally hit a cold hard bottom and I was now in a some sore of dungeon. I looked around confused before my eyes adjusted to the dim lights. 

"Finally," Nate growled as he looked down at me. Him and Clara stood there with a older looking woman who had grey hair. She looked strained as if she had just done something hard.

"H-how?"

The woman collapsed and I went over to her confused. She looked like she had her engird drained out of her. She was cold and lifeless in my arms. 

"Wow thats all that witch was good for? How pathetic!" Clara cackled as she snapped shackles around my ankles and wrists. 

"What!" I cried out as the chains starting lifting me up so that was I standing back up against the wall. 

"You have been really been hard to get rid of this time Des. You think after this many centuries killing you off before Adrian would be worth something. But guess what? We aren't going to kill you this time. Its taken years to make this special liquid," Nate smiled as he pulled out a jar of purple liquid, "One Adrian attacks you and drains your blood. We will keep your heart here. Doing so will freeze your reincarnation. Adrian will flourish and all will keep on being well."

"Now just too starve our King" Clara giggles as they leave me. 

I felt like an idiot. I just needed to think. How did I transport from the witches woods to the Dire's territory. I must be able to do it again. I felt my power rising as I tried to push myself forward. I managed to get out of the shackles but I could feel something blocking me. I look up at strange symboled carved into the blocks around me .

I knew from one of my past memories that these were runes. I couldn't get out of here. It was going to happen again. Adrian was going to show up with his red glowing eyes and devour me again. 

Adrian 

She was gone. She wasn't here anymore. I couldn't feel or smell her. Lucas's wolves were running around looking for her but she was gone. Again. Again. I stared down at my hands in frustration. I was just holding her. I went down to the lobby were the Elders and Nate were now waiting. I look at them in surprised. Nate had Granny held up against him. She was struggling and screaming against him.

"What are you doing? Let Granny go," I say still a bit foggy from were Rae had tampered with my head. I saw...no I lived through whatever memory she had opened up in my mind. But I was so confused. 

"Where is she!" Lucas's screamed as he raced towards me. He leaped at me transforming in mid air. With a flick of my wings I sent him flying backward against a wall. 

"How dare you thats my brother!" A young voice screamed as a little girl with brown curls ran at me. She had a wooden spear in her hand. I brought my hand up stopping her before she could get close. I pushed her back.

"You all will receive a punishment soon" I growled before leaving the castle with the other vampires. Nate had knocked out Granny and was carrying her limp body.

We piled into the large limo as we made our way back to my kingdom. 

"Granny is a traitor. This whole time she knew everything about Rae," Nate growled his green eyes flashing. 

"You see King...the issue is. Rae is a reincarnation of your past mate. She comes back each time to kill you. We have been trying to protect you. To keep her away from you. But this time with Granny's help she has managed to weasel her way into your life," Elliot said coldly to me.

"She presented to be your pet, to learn our secrets our weakness, all this time she is actually a witch called Dae. With her horn she has lots of power to control time, minds, and many other spells. She is a dirty witch who hates that you have become stronger than her. She wishes to undo everything you have done,"  Elena says raising her hand. Ester sat in the corner staring at me with piercing eyes. 

"This witch is your mate Adrian," she says softly.

"Mate or not. She comes each time to kill you. You can't believe anything she has done. She can tamper with people emotions and memories," Elena growls and shakes her head. 

"Rae is a witch? But that couldn't possibly be true," I say confused. Not the old Rae, but I guess this new Rae maybe. She did look different, she felt...powerful. 

"Rae is my mate?" I said softly trying to wrap my head around this new information. 

"Yes, her birthday is the spring solstice March 20. In two days. If she gets her marks she will reach her full power more powerful than you. We must destroy her before she does to you," Elliot says narrowing his eyes at me.

"But this is just Rae? Maybe I can just talk to her, explain it to her. She was my pet, its not like she will over power me," I say matter-of-fact. 

"My King you underestimate her. She is just a dirty witch. Its all been a lie," Elena said. 

I looked over at Nate. "You knew about this?"

"Yes. We didn't know it was Rae. Usually the reincarnation is born with a horn. But she must have been using her powers to hide it up until now," Nate said, "I am sorry we kept this from you. It was just easier for us to deal with it. Especially with it being your mate. Everyone has a soft spot to ending their mate."

I look down at my wrists. I knew deep down Rae was important to me, something special. I wanted her....I didn't want to get rid of her....Kill her.

"How about we just trap her? If we kill her she is just going to reincarnated. If her horn is the source of her power...maybe we can just rip it off?" I said trying to think of ways to keep Rae alive. 

"Well we actually had a witch make a spell that will keep her heart alive. Stopping her from being reincarnated," Ester says. Her eyes not straying from mine. She looked almost bored with all this. 

"But Rae would still have to die there has to-" I start but I am cut off. 

"Stop it Adrian! The girl has already played her tricks on you its obvious you are not to be trusted!" He growled as Elena inserted a syringe in my leg.  I moved away but my vision got dizzy and soon everything was black. 

I saw her. She was sitting in the middle of a shallow pond. Her hair surrounded her in a glowing white mess. Her hands were on her face as I heard her quiet sobs. 

"Dae" I said softly as I reached out towards her. I wrapped my wings around her pulling her trembling body close to me. 

"Volant," she whispered wrapping her arms around me, "I had another fight with my sister...her mate...I think I made a mistake. There is something in him...a darkness. I don't know what he is telling her but it is splitting us apart!" 

"My star," I whispered as I pulled away to stare at her light blue eyes. Her white lashes batted away the tears and I cupped her cheek. "They call you Dae but you are still like any of us. You can make mistakes. You aren't actually a god."

She smiled at me and I smile back. I leaned down as our lips meet. My body being filling with a warmth and lightness I had never felt before.