23

Rae

I watched as tears ran down his face. His eyes were an oddly normal cocoa color. His wings hanged limp behind him...he looked so innocent so fragile. 

I might have taken on the pain from removing the spells he had been under....but I couldn't stop the guilt he felt. He felt that and shame. He felt weak. His emotions were as clear as my own. All his barriers were down. I took a step towards him and his eyes shot up to meet mine. He took a step away. 

"I...I've ruined so many lives...I...I have no excuse...for how I have treated you..." he started to mumble on. I could see his features get graver as he focused on all the bad he had done. 

I reached towards him putting my hand on his cheek. I smiled up at him pushing his hair away from his face. I pushed by feelings, wrapping him in the warmth I felt. 

Our battle was over. We could finally be together. No longer forced into a brutal fate. I let my fingers trail down to his neck were his mark was clearly visible. 

"We both have no excuse. I have failed my people as much as you have yours. We both have a lot of work to do, don't you think?" I asked softly.

His eyes widened as a spark of hope woke in him. I wrapped my arms around him breathing in his scent. 

"I love you Rae," he whispered pulling me tightly against him.

"I love you too Adrian," I whispered.

Our wings mingled together creating a clash of white and black feathers. 

Two free souls. 

--------------

AND ITS DONE.

Thank you so much to everyone who sticked with me. Thank you for the support, comments, likes, additions to reading lists. Thank you for all of it.