22

Adrian

I could feel my hunger residing and my mind widening. Rae was undoing each missing piece from my memory. The Elders had blocked my memory to use me as a pawn. A pawn to have vampires rule over the world.

But I didn't feel the pain as I had the first time...Rae..Rae

I felt suddenly a snap and I pulled away from her.

Before I had struck her down she had been glowing. She had looked like a real Goddess. Immortal and powerful. But now she laid limp in my arms, her skin lacking life. White feathers scattered around us. I held her cold hand.

"Rae....Rae...No...No please come back. Please my star," I whispered holding her against me as I started to cry. I had been alive since the begining of time. Each time I had been desperate to find Dae, to find her reincarnation and try to stop the curse. But each time I kept on killing her. Over and Over. I couldn't do anything to stop it.

It drove me mad and I tried to keep away from her. To do anything to keep the curse from happening. But fate brought us back together like a stuck song. And each time I kept on killing her. My own mate. I was stuck in a horrible nightmare. I kept on creating more and more vampires. Surrounding myself with other lifeless creatures.

More and more memories flooded into me. Like a file taking too long to load.

Thats when I noticed the marks around my ankles and wrist were gone. I looked down at Rae's neck were her mark had now appeared.

She broke the curse.

But she was dead.

No.

I tore my wrist open and brought it against her lips. I used my blood to heal her once. No much would turn her into a vampire but I didn't care. I kept on forcing blood into her mouth. Some of it leaked from the sides of her mouth. Each time my wound started to heal I ripped it back open.

"Rae, come back please!" I cried out desperately . Her body started to tremble gibing me hope, only until I realized that I was the one trembling. My tears dripped down my face leaving light stains her her flawless skin. "Please," I begged.

"Adrian."

I looked up at Lucas. When had he gotten here. I looked around. Werewolves and vampire...and witches? Everyone was just looking at us. 

"She is dead," he said softly as tears started to form in his eyes. 

A red head girl came up next to us. Her brows coming together as she frowned. 

"No.no.no.no. She...she broke...she can't. She won't come back," the girl growled and her blue eyes stared at me. Hatred and anger swirled on them. 

Everyones eyes began to swirl with the same emotions. 

I was to blame. 

I killed her.

"Adele. Calm down," Granny's voice broke through the tension. She looked worn down. Like she had been beaten. She kneeled down next to me. Putting her hand on my cheek, wiping my tears. 

"I...I approached this wrong. I wanted you dead. I hated you for being the cause of our Dae's death each time. But...in the end she gave her life up for you. To save you from your pain," Granny whispered looking down at Rae.  "Rae is an example to all us. The same unwavering love she had for her mate, is the same she had for all of us."

She put her hand on the tip of her horn, with force she pushed down until her hand was over her forehead. Granny's blood dripping over her forehead, tainting her white hair. 

"Dae. I give my life unto you, as you gave your life unto me," she whispered. Rae's horn started to glow. Her veins glowed through her skin. 

"Dae. I give my life unto you. as you gave your life unto me," the red headed Adele whispered putting the top of her hand on Rae's horn. She pushed down enough that the blood on her hand started to drip down her horn. But like Granny the blood was being absorbed. The witches started to come forward putting their hands on Granny and Adeles shoulders. 

They all began to say, "I give my life unto you, as you gave your life unto me."

Slowly even the vampires and werewolves came forward. 

"My star, please....please come back," I whispered. Her body jerked and her mouth opened as she gasped for air. Granny and Adele removed their hands from her horn. She started to cough and I lifted her to a sitting position. Her eyes opened and I stared down at her now red orbs. She blinked and suddenly her eyes were back to normal. 

Well the witchy normal, an icy light blue color. 

"Adrian," she whispered as a wide smile graced her features. Her skin and hair suddenly bursted with light as she glowed. I felt a warmth grow inside of me and I blushed. She looked absolute stunning.I moved as she went to stand on her own. She looked over at Granny who was laying in Adeles embraced. 

"My Queen," she whispered reaching to Rae. Rae took her hand. Rae kissed the top of her hand. 

"Thank you for your sacrifice. Rest In Peace," Rae whispered pulling her lips away. Granny's eyes were now closed. Laying limp in Adeles arms. Rae grabbed my hand pulling me to her. 

I stared into her blue eyes cupping her cheek as she smiled at me. She let out a soft sigh and pressed her cheek into my hand. Now that I had all my memories back, I relished in her touched. But soon after came a wave of guilt. I remembered each time I hurt her, drained her. The past few decades it had been the Elders setting me up to brutally murder her. But still. I had no control. And even within these last few months. I locked her up. Humiliated her. Treated her like a dog even though I knew she was somehow special to me. I had felt it and I ignored it. 

I was cruel. I had no excuse. 

"I-I don't deserve you," I said pulling my hand away.