✾5✾

The day for the now sleeping princes was quite eventful truthfully speaking. But it was about to get more eventful.

Silent. That was all the three unexpected kidnappers needed to be in order to do their quest right and as quickly as possible, and without getting caught and get sent to the dungeon. The criminals plan was easy if done correctly, they would just enter the palace and find the room where the princes are and kidnap atleast one of them, but you know what they say 'the more the merrier'. Besides it was just a bunch of kids thay had to take, what could go wrong?

"You two know the plan right? Do NOT fool around"

"Yeah yeah, you maybe older than us but that doesn't make you our boss"

"Can we please just get this over with, our REAL boss expects us to bring those damned royals as soon as possible"

The reason why they were gonna the princes, is so that they keep them as hostages and demand the King and Queen for riches and jewels in exchange for their oh-so-lovely kid of a son.

Finding the room where the princes were took them a while. Don't get them wrong they were given some insight and were trained well, but sneaking into a heavily gaurded place in the dead of night all the while trying to be quiet was a challenge.

After some time they were now in the princes' base, to their luck the princes were sleeping by pair, so they decided to get a pair and get the hell out of there. They choose the pair that was near the window so that exiting was easy, the pair that was near the glass exit was the two eldest, Hongjoong and Seonghwa, the crooks thought that they had accomplished their mission, but what the didn't know was that Hongjoong was a light sleeper.

Confused about the shuffling that he was hearing in the room, Hongjoong opened one of his eyes, and what he saw got his senses on high alert. Next to his and Seonghwa's matress were two figures dress in all black, their faces were covered due to the fedora and chained mask they were wearing and another figure who was opening the window close to them, most likely making it their exit route. He subtly shook Seonghwa's right hand that was near his left one.

But before he could get Seonghwa to wake up properly, the next thing he knew was his blanket getting ripped from his body and was now getting hoisted on the shoulder of one of the mysterious strangers, but before they could get away with him and Seonghwa, he hit the back of the head of the man as hard as he could, which led to the man dropping Hongjoong on the floor and gripping his now aching head.

Distracted with his head, this gave Hongjoong time to call for guards.

“GUARDS! INTRUDERS IN THE CASTLE! GUARDS HELP!”

“Why you littl-”

“FREEZE IN THE NAME OF THE KING!”

“We gotta go! Forget the plan!”

Using the window they deemed as their exit before their plan was foiled by the screaming prince. They hastened to get out before they would be put in the dungeon, to their advantage no guards were outside of the window since the room was in the bottom floors of the castle, letting them escape to the near by woods.

Seonghwa who was now aware of his surroundings, went to Hongjoong giving him a big hug. Shocked for a moment Hongjoong gave in to the act of affection.

“Thank God you're alright”

“I should be telling you that”

“Still, you saved me Joongie”

Pulling away from the embrace, Seonghwa gave him a grateful smile, and Hongjoong doing the same.

“Hyungs!”

“Boys!

Forgetting that there were other people in the room, they looked at the younger princes and at their parents who came barging through the door. Each of them having different expressions on the situation that just happened a few moments ago, the Queens, their faces were full of worry when they first entered, but seeing that none of the princes was harmed, they were relieved. The Kings though was a different story, specifically Seonghwa's father.

He was furious. The thought of losing his beloved son and the next heir to the throne was horrible. And so he as well as Mingi, San and Jongho's fathers became mad at Hongjoong's father.

“How could this happened!?”

“Intruders in the castle?!”

“Why was there no one gaurding the doors!?”

“You dare blame me!, how could you!?”

“We are the ones in your kingdom are we not? So it would only be fitting that you are to blame, if your guards would have done a better job at guarding the castle, then this would not have happen!”

At a loss for words, Hongjoong's father was just standing there eyes wide and mouth agape, he couldn't help it but he was shocked and felt as if he was back stabbed by his closest comrades. He didn't think twice when the next words left his mouth.

“If that's how you think of me and my kingdom, then you are free to leave”

“Maybe we should leave”

“Fine by me”

“I agree”

Not believing in their fathers words, the princes started to protest against them, telling them that they should stay. Seonghwa especially was not having it, he was worried that he would could no longer see his friends, especially his Hongjoong.

“father you can't be serious, it was just an incident”

“An incident that almost had you kidnapped? I think not”

“But fath-”

“No! I don't wanna hear it, i've made my decision. We leave at dawn”

Not believing in his father's words. Seonghwa wished that this was all just a really bad dream.