✾20✾

The moon was out and the night sky was painted with stars like fireworks that exploded, as Hongjoong and a few new guards made their way back to the castle from the town village.

Hongjoong surprisingly isn't too tired as others thought he would be, to be frank, this isn't the first time he had such busy schedule. He eventually got used to such things over the course of him being prince, so the blonde wasn't exhausted but he couldn't say the same for some of the new younger guards, some of them would start to doze off to sleep, one even almost fell off his horse.

So the prince decided to give them some words of encouragement.

"Look alive men, we're almost at the castle"

Hearing that they were close to home, the guards shook off some of the sleepiness and tried to stay awake until they arrive. True to his words, Hongjoong and the guards have arrived and were now passing the castle gates, reaching the entrance the blonde got off his horse as a stableman took the reigns, at the door he was greeted by his Maddox hyung.

"Good evening prince"

"Good evening hyung, how's everyone here?"

"Fine, everyone went to bed already" The elder stated as they continued walking towards the prince's room.

"That's good, are the cookies and milk in my room already?"

"Yes sire, chocolate chip as you requested earlier before you left"

"Thank you hyung, also thanks for helping me today like always, you worked hard. You can go to bed now and take tomorrow as your day off, you deserve it"

"Oh? Well then, thank you Prince Joong, have a good night your majesty"

"You too hyung"

Bowing goodbye to each other, the servant left to go back to his quarters while the prince entered his. Finally back at his room after a long and tiring day, the blonde first ate his dinner which was the cookies and milk that he asked for that was on his desk, finishing them up until the last crumb and drop, he wrote down things about the town that his father asked for some updates on, done writing half of it he decided to take a quick bath to freshen up and get rid of the dirt and sweat that he accumulated over the day.

Meanwhile, Seonghwa was having trouble going to sleep, his mind was like a full on circus, he just kept on thinking how he couldn't get himself to give the crescent necklace and confess his feelings to the younger prince, he tossed and turned in his bed trying to fall asleep, it was weird how his parents hasn't told him off or anything, now looking at them from the other side of the room, his father was snoring quite loudly and that his mother had another pillow covering the other side of her face, most likely trying to stop hearing the snores of her husband.

Having no luck in sleeping, The older just sighed to himself and thought of going on a walk and possibly get some fresh air, slipping out of the covers of his bed, he wore his black silk robe and matching slippers and quietly made his way out of the room, but before he could reach the handle he caught sight of the necklace that he wants to give the younger prince. Deciding whether or not to bring the accessory along with him, he settled on bringing it anyway as he thought that it may help him calm down a bit, grabbing the lilac necklace, he was now out of the room and started walking where his feet would lead him to.

A couple of minutes has passed by and the silver haired prince was still not sleepy and was just wandering around the castle until he came across a room he dared to go in, it was Hongjoong's room, and from the looks of it there was light coming from the bottom of the door, meaning the prince was in there. Having an internal battle with his conscience, the silver haired was making up possible scenarios that could and might happen; he goes in the room and confess his feelings and they get together, he goes in there and confess but gets denied and things become awkward between the two of them, or he doesn't go in because he is scared of rejection and miss out on the opportunity.

Hoping that the first one will happen, Seonghwa went up to the door and knocked, his body was on edge, he started regretting his idea but he couldn't just leave. After a minute without a response, he thought the other was probably busy so he turn getting ready to leave until the door actually opened.

"Seonghwa? What are you doing here? Why are you still up?"

The latter now understood why the younger took a while to answer the door, from the damp hair, towel around his neck and a part of his pajama shirt was tucked in the pants, he just came out from a bath. The older felt a bit embarrassed but managed to get himself together.

"Uhm, I couldn't sleep so I decided to walk around and then I noticed the light from your room, so I thought I could visit you for a moment. But if you're going to bed then I can leave with if you want"

"Oh, uh its ok, you can come in if you want I actually still have some things to do so... Some company would be nice"

"Really? Are you sure?"

Nodding at the taller as response, Hongjoong opened the door wider and let him in the room, but what he didn't know that this will be a night to remember.