✾35✾

As the three princes journeyed through the mansion, in hopes of finding Hongjoong. They find themselves in a bit of a dilemma.

In the hallway that they were in, dark masked men were blocking  their path.

“Gentlemen, mind letting us through?”

Mingi asked as politely as he could despite their situation. But they enemy had other plans. Reaching for their weapon of choice, they started charging towards the three.

“Well, I tried”

Then they started going at each other, slaying them one by one. Hopeful that they were not losing, even though the princes were a bit outnumbered, they managed to pull through. Till Yunho remembered that there was still a missing prince that they needed to find.

“Seonghwa hyung! Go find Hongjoong hyung! Me and Mingi got this!”

Slicing another man with his sword, the older nodded at the raven haired and wished them good luck. While Yunho and Mingi were finishing the last of the oppenents, backs towards each other.

“Its you and me Min, You and me”

-
Seonghwa was frantically running through the mansion, yet he hasn't seen any signs of his lover nor the white masked man. Taking a moment to try and figure out where the man could have taken the blond, it suddenly dawned on him that there was one place where he could have brought him.

The roof.

With the location in mind, he started running to a near by staircase that would lead him to his destination. His lungs begging to be filled with oxygen, his feet feel like they were stepping on pebbles, and his heart kept beating so fast that it might burst.

Yet, Seonghwa was keen on finding his lover and the man, and to finish this once and for all. Scurrying through the last flights of stairs, he threw the door open and there stood the leader with Hongjoong in a chokehold position with a pistol that had aim on the prince's temple.

“Seonghwa!”

Hongjoong screamed seeing his lover arrive, he tried grappling with the man's arm in order to get out of his hold, but the white masked man just kept on tightening his grip, not caring if he choked the blond.

“Look, it's your prince charming, how lovely”

“Let him go!”

The man pretended to think.

“Hmm... How about no. You see we had a deal, did we not? And it seems that you decided to go against my terms, so it would only be fitting that this brat pays the price”

Cocking the hammer of his gun till it released a click, at any moment now the man could just pull the trigger.

“Don't! How about you give him back and I along with the rest of the princes let you go free, you can walk out if here without a scratch just give Hongjoong back”

Seonghwa tried reasoning with the leader, trading him his freedom for his lover's own. The man thought about it for a good minute, while still having a hold of the younger prince.

“Tempting, but I prefer the crown and the power that I could have. And if I can't have it, then you don't get to have your precious boyfriend as well!”

“NO!”

Soon enough the older prince found himself running towards the two, but soon stopped and closed his eyes.

The gun went off.

Silence fell, nothing could be heard except for the ringing in Seonghwa's ears. He fell to the ground with a heavy thud, tears fell from his lidded eyes, hands fisted tight till his nails made crescent marks on his palm, and his head hang low while he gnawed on his bottom lip, drawing a bit of blood.

Hearing footsteps coming closer to him, he let them get closer without looking, thinking it was the man. Probably going to finish him as well.

Waiting for anything that could kill him, he was met with nothing. No punch to his face, no kick to the stomach, no gun firing off. Nothing but a kiss on his lips, a kiss that grounded all of his senses, the lips that he thought that he would never get to kiss again, the lips that he had grown to know and love.

Opening his eyes, he was met with a sight to see. It was Hongjoong, kneeling next to him, eyes puffy and red from the tears, a smile painted on his handsome face, he was alive and he just kissed him.

Afraid that he might disappear, the older slowly lifted his hand to cup the younger's cheek, feeling the warmth and softness. The silver head just pulled the other into a bone crushing hug, getting the feeling that he didn't want to let him go.

“Y-you're alive, h-how?” He asked into the hug.

“Managed to get the gun off my head, but the it did hit a different target”

It was then Seonghwa saw behind the blond, there laid the masked man's body not moving but just lifeless. The older then peeled his eyes from the sight and faced the younger properly.

“I thought I lost you”

“But you didn't Hwa, and I'm here and I'm not going anywhere”

Leaning in they both kissed, making a silent promise to each other to stay by the other's side. They were happy and content with just the two of them, they didn't need anything else as long as they had each other. It felt like they've reached utopia, their utopia.