✾25✾

Hongjoong missing Seonghwa was a complete understatement if you asked him, it was two days since his boyfriend and the other princes left their kingdom, and the blonde didn't quite take it too well.

The day before they left the coople needed to pretend to not be a couple for the whole day, the younger princes figured that they needed to spend their day with all of them, so they did all kinds of stuff together from having a chess tournament to having a sleep over at their base. Leaving no time for the couple to be alone, since the others might get suspicious, but after breakfast before they left, Seonghwa and Hongjoong manage to ditch the others for a few minutes and said goodbye to one another as a couple, and have may or may not have made out during their time alone.

And during the following night, the blonde couldn't sleep properly since he was starting to get use to the older being with him, the thought of not seeing his lover for who knows how long had him shed a tear or two at most, but he managed and got a few hours of lonely sleep.

So that day and the day after that Hongjoong thought that the castle was a bit more quiet than usual, he became so acquainted with the other princes presence that he forgot how it felt when he was alone.

Sadly he couldn't really wallow in his loneliness today, because he was still a prince and in being so his mind was occupied with his duties. Lunchtime soon rolled around, and the prince and his parents were eating at the castle garden, that had new different flowers that the queen picked out herself with some help from her son of course, the three of them enjoyed their food but the prince couldn't help it but feel as if he was forgetting something, he knew that there was something that he needed to do this month but he couldn't quite put his finger on it, till his father spoke up making him remember what was happening this month.

"So love, how are you going to celebrate your birthday this year?"

It was his mother's birthday, how on earth did he forget his own mother's birthday. To be honest, this wasn't the first time he forgot such events, hell he would even sometimes forget his own birthday.

"Darling you know that nothing really special happens at my birthday"

"That's not true, besides this year you get to celebrate it with Queen Park and the other queens. Won't that be nice love?"

"I suppose, it has been a long time since all of us went to each other's birthday. Why not"

Hearing that the other queens would be coming to his mother's party, Seonghwa's mother might come as well meaning that her son might tag along meaning that Hongjoong could see his lover sooner than he thought. But his parents would become curious if he would only invite the older, so he needed to invite the younger princes as well.

"Can my friends be invited too?"

"I don't see why not, of course they could come darling"

"Alright its settled then, the queens and the princes of the other kingdoms are invited. Now we have two weeks to prepare everything"

-
The blonde was now on patrol in town with other guards, Hongjoong got a little separated with the guards that were with him, since so many people were at the market place today. He tried looking around for the familiar uniforms that the guards were wearing, but while scanning the crowd he saw a black figure looking straight at him, when he looked back the figure was gone, he kept looking around to see the guards or the mysterious figure.

He now felt like he was being watched but he didn't know where, it was like so many eyes were on him and it was overwhelming him to the fullest. The prince was on high alert for almost anything that could happen, he still kept getting glances at the dark figure from the corner of his eyes but he didn't get a glimpse of any of the guards that were with him earlier.

Stumbling into a near by dark alley way that had a dead end, Hongjoong took a minute to get himself together and at this time he noticed beads of sweat on his forehead, breathing going at an irregular pattern. He soon heard some rustling behind him, looking over he saw nothing or no one in sight but just some trash and the brick wall at the end of the pathway.

Daring himself to investigate the cause of the sound and movement, he slowly made his way towards the deeper and darker part of the passageway while clutching his sword that was on his waist incase of an attack, looking over he saw nothing until he saw the well camouflaged black envelope that was laying on the ground.

Picking it up from the gravel ground, he examined it for a moment till he quickly hid it behind his back since he overheard some yelling.

"Prince Hongjoong!"

Turning his head to see who has calling his name, he saw the guards that were with him before he got separated from them.

"Prince Hongjoong, thank goodness we found you sire. Are you alright sire?"

"Yes I'm fine, uhm why don't we head back to the castle, I'm actually feeling a bit dizzy"

Agreeing with the prince, Hongjoong and a few guards headed back to the castle, where the blonde actually wanted to examine the mysterious letter.