✾8✾

The sun made its way to the skies, as it was the next day, and rays of light tried to squeeze its way through the little crevices in the windows, pass the dark blue colored curtains, and into Hongjoong's room.

As light started to hit the prince's face, giving him a glaring sign that he needed to leave the warmth and comfort of his own bed, and that its time to be out-and-about and be productive with his day. Sitting up against the wooden headboard, the prince just sat there, trying to get a grip of reality, up until he remembered his thoughts last night and that it hit him that the other princes will be here tomorrow.

Deciding that maybe he should get ready for the day, he went into his connecting bathroom and started to make himself presentable for breakfast with his parents. As he just finished working on his hair, a knock on the door signalled someone's presence.

"Prince Hongjoong, breakfast is ready"

"Just in time Maddox hyung"

After the little déjà vu moment they just had, the two started to make their way to the direction of the outdoor patio, because that's where the royal family will be having their breakfast. Arriving at the table, the prince bowed like always, and greeted his parents as he made way to his designated seat.

"Good morning father and mother"

"Good morning darling"

The royal family started to eat, until the king spoke up.

"So are you ready to meet our guest tomorrow son?"

"As ready as I'll ever be"

"Please, its just some old friends of yours, what could possibly go wrong?"

'A lot of things could go wrong' Hongjoong thought.

"Oh, before I forget, I told Maddox to clear your activities for today, so that you'll have time to prepare yourself for tomorrow"

"Really? Oh... Thank you" Hongjoong didn't know how to handle his father's words, he was honestly thinking that his father would make him go and do some last minute stuff, but looks like his father had other plans.

-
Hongjoong was now in the library, searching for books that would and might peek his interest, since he didn't know what to do with his free time. It wasn't often that the prince had a day off, but if he had one he at least knew what to do with it, unlike this time. Not finding anything he liked, Hongjoong figured that he should just walk around the castle, he decided to first stop at the guest bedrooms, where he was pretty sure the maids were cleaning.

Passing through the hallways where the extra rooms were, he didn't see anything interesting that was worthy of his time, so he just kept on walking. Close to giving up on his wandering and deciding to retreat back to his room, Hongjoong noticed an all to familiar door, going towards it, his guess was right. It was the door to their old base.

Not believing in his luck, he opened the oak door to make sure that it was the room where he and his friends spent their childhood in. With the door wide open, he let his eyes roam and explore the room, the prince started to step into the room, and with every step he took memories started to come rushing back to him. After the incident happened, Hongjoong never came back to the base, he was busy locking himself up in his room and wallowing on his sadness, he forgot where the actual kidnapping took place, and it looks like the castle staff also forgot about the room, since just about everything was covered in a thin layer of dust.

Done reminiscing about the past Hongjoong was about to leave the base, until he had the most brilliant idea, why not get the base cleaned up. Just thinking about it riled him up with exciment, when the other princes get here he could surprise them with the base.

With his mind made up and a wide grin on his face, the prince left the room and went to find Maddox to tell him his plan, fortunately he saw his hyung helping the other maids with getting the guest bedroom in shape. Reaching one of the rooms, he spotted his personal servant putting on a new curtain on the curtain rod.

"Maddox hyung, can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Oh Prince Hongjoong, yes of course" the two went out to the hallways to get a bit of privacy while they talk.

"What is it that you want to talk about your majesty?"

"Right so... Uhm... Are there by any chance some maids who are done cleaning the other guest bedrooms?"

"I believe there are some, why? Do you need a room that needs cleaning?"

"Yes I do have a room that needs cleaning"

"Oh, in that case, I could get some maids to clean the room, what was the room again?"

"Its the base"

"Oh oka- wait, the base? As in THE base? The one where the incident happened? Prince Joong are you sure about that?"

"Yes I'm sure, I know that place was one of the many reason why me and my friends got separated, but I know that it can also get us back together. Please hyung you gotta help me with this, please?"

"If it means so much to you, then I guess I'll help you, beside I can't really disobey your orders"

"You'll do it? Thank you so much Maddox hyung you're the best!"

Giving the older a big hug as appreciation, Hongjoong left him to go back to his room and decided to just choose his outfit for tomorrow or take a nap, he'll probably do both. As Maddox stood still and looked at the prince's fading figure, he just sighed and left to find some maids who could go and do the prince's request.