Chapter 1

The Sun shines through the golden thermal curtains that are hanging over my window,  I can hear the birds singing outside, but for some reason, their pretty little tune just pisses me off more. Groaning in frustration I pull my blanket over my head. Trying to put myself back to sleep I huddle into my blankets, but the lack of air from beneath them is suffocating, and I know I’ll have to come up sometime.  After laying in bed for another ten minutes I sigh knowing that in a few minutes my alarm will go off . I sit up, squinting my eyes against the sunlight. Looking around my room, I note that there is a stack of clean laundry sitting on my cluttered desk.

I try to escape from my sheets but alas, it is to no avail, the white fabric continues to tangle and twine around my legs in a tight death grip. Oh my god! Why is getting up so fucking hard!!!! Angrily I struggle, only to end up falling onto the floor face first. “Fuck!”

“Caleb Mowery, watch your mouth!” My extravagant mother snaps as she walks past, my door with a basket of dirty laundry probably originating from …oh yup there he is. My older brother Chad walks behind my mom. When she disappears he grins and says “Yeah Caleb watch your fucking mouth!” Extremely annoyed at this I grab the nearest pillow and  hurl it at the dark haired boy.  He darts behind the door then peeks over the corner and sticks his tongue out,  turning away and leaving without another word just as my alarm goes off.

Sighing -can you tell I sigh quiet frequently?-I pull my sheets from my ankles and stand brushing off my butt and slamming my hand down onto my alarm’s snooze. I stroll into the bathroom that connects the guest room and mine. Why the guest room is connected to my room, I haven’t the slightest idea, but luckily there is no one living in there so I don’t have to worry about having  to share the space, which is good, because I am not good at sharing.

I take a quick shower, then exit the foggy glass contraption and head over to the mirror, running my hand over the perspiration making a clear path where my face can be seen. Quickly I fix my hair then run my hand over my face. Damn your good looking! Smiling I wink at myself then head back into my bedroom where I throw on some clothes then amble downstairs to where my mom, dad, and brother are all eating breakfast.

Shrugging into my seat my mother asks, ”When is your car going to be done?”

“Can you take me to pick it up when you get back from work tonight?” I ask pouring myself a delicious bowl of Coco Puffs.

Mom nods making a displeased sound of acknowledgement. My mom wasent happy with me, mainly because over the weekend  I had driven into town and somehow managed to magnificently drive head on into a light pole. Needless to say the car suffered some minute damages.

“Chad give Caleb a ride with you to school today.” Mom says, placing the eggs back into the refrigerator and then going to pour herself a cup of coffee.

“What, Mom-!”Chad starts, my dad looks up from his paper, shooting him a look. “Fine.” He responds then falls into silence.

My parents make conversation while me and Chad eat our cereal quietly. Finally Chad stands and gestures for me to grab my bag and follow him out to his car. “Bye Mom” I kiss her on the cheek. My dad makes a noise of acknowledgement as I wave goodbye to him and run out the door before Chad has a mental breakdown as he is slamming down on his horn continually.

As I open the passenger door and fling my backpack in before I sit down Chad sighs “Jesus what took you so long.”

“I was saying bye to mom.”

He glances at me in annoyance as he backs out of the driveway and speeds down the road. “Fuck, your not five Caleb, seriously?”

I frown at him, “ You don’t have to be five to say goodbye to your parents douche bag!” My hand shoots out and hits him in the back of the head. His head goes down and into the steering wheel with a bang and he swerves from the road, before quickly looking up and correcting himself.