Chapter 4

Hey readers,  so it has come to my understanding that you may possible find Jason a super mega douche. That is all fine and well since that is how I intended him to be, but try not to hate him because he will change.

When the end of school bell rings I exit my ceramics class, Jason following close behind like some sort of lost puppy. This would be cute if an hour and forty-five minutes ago he hadn’t threatened me from across the lunch room.  Why had this boy, who was perfectly capable of taking care of himself, I might add, end up in my hands? Why did he have to sit with me in our classes, I mean it’s not like we’re related or best fucking friends? It’s almost as if the school as a hole is forcing him into my comfort zone.

Glaring at the floor and anyone who is anywhere near me, I walk to my locker. I’ll give Jason this, scowling all the time must be super affective in parting seas of people, because kids go out of their ways to dodge me as me and Jason pass. This makes me feel good for some reason, knowing that I can pull of the pissed off scowl look, with such great results.

Stopping at the blue metal door of locker 258, I spin my combo expertly and throw it open. The door smashes against the neighboring locker and leaves a miniscule dent. “Jesus Mowery, calm your nerves before you blow a kidney.” Sadie says as she waltzes over a lumbering Chad behind her.  My brother grins at me as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

“Hey, hey!” He grins, and then for some unknown reason he is possessed to grab my face and give me a giant kiss on the cheek. My arms flail to push him off of me as he laughs hysterically.

“Dude!” I blush looking around us in paranoia, “Never fucking, do that again!” I growl. Sadie laughs cheerily and lets Chad wrap his arms around her waist and pull her against his chest. That must be it, he is way to fucking happy about his new relationship. This thought makes me double take though, laying my eyes back onto the cuddling couple, my mouth drops open in shock. “Since when?”

Sadie and Chad look at each other and smile, “Since after lunch in third period” Sadie says happily. Shaking my head I open my back pack and shove my useless books back inside, pulling out my homework and stuff for the next day. Closing my locker I nod and say “That’s great” then nod for Jason to follow me out to my car leaving the frowning couple behind.

We walk to my car in silence me silently brooding and thinking about how Sadie will probably have no time for me now that she is dating my dumb ass brother. First fucking Jason jumps into my life making it virtually impossible for me to be my gay happy self around the one person who knew about me, and now my brother will be hanging around too. I might as well get a fucking girlfriend and call myself straight!

Settling into my car I unlock the passenger door so Jason can get in. We drive in silence for a few minutes before Jason says. “If you liked her why didn’t you make a move before?”

“I don’t like her like that!” I growl in anger. He glares at me, “You could have fooled me” Yeah, I think but you wouldn’t be saying that if you knew that I only liked boys would you now?

Angrily I glare at him, “Why don’t you just shut up and give that hole in your face a chance to fucking heal!”

Jason’s head snaps to me in a scowl, and his hand shoots out and slaps me violently in the back of the head. “Fuck!” I scream as my head jerks forward, and my neck twists uncomfortably.

Jason turns to look out the window again and slips into a brooding silence. Smiling I reach over and flick on the radio, letting it play whatever happened to be on at the time, which was Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen. Automatically I start to sing along under my breath. “Slept in all my clothes like I didn’t care, hopped into a cab take me anywhere, I’m in if your down to get down tonight, cuz it’s always a good time.” My fingers drum against my steering well in sync with the beat.  Jason turns to look at me with a perturbed face so I decide to sing louder. “We don’t even have to try it’s always a good time!”