Chapter 7

Caleb

I wake up with the most bitching head ache I have ever had, and to add on to that I can’t remember anything about last night whatsoever. This would all be peachy except for I tend to do stupid shit when I get super hammered so I have no doubt that I probably did something horrible.

Like killed someone’s kitten.

Could there be something worse than that?

Groaning against my pillow I damn the birds that have built their nest in the tree outside my window. I damn them to hell. Happiness is not aloud when Caleb is hung over. Knowing that I won’t be able to go back to sleep with this killer headache I push myself out of bed and pad over to my bathroom where I relish in the warmest shower I have probably ever taken in my whole entire life.  Not that my life has been that long, seventeen years wasn’t exactly a stone’s throw away from death but you know. Whatever.

Being that it’s a Saturday I could care less how I dress so I just throw on a pair of boxers and a tank top then slug my way downstairs. The sound of my brother talking happily about his date with Sadie makes me want to vomit.

“God what living hell broke loose to make me have to suffer through THIS bullshit?” I grunt in annoyance as I open the fridge and yank out a bottle of water.

“Caleb Mower-” my mother starts, but I cut her off, “Jesus mom I know for gods’ sake can we skip the lecture?” My mother looks at me silently then turns away stirring the pancake mix fervently. I know what you’re thinking. How the hell could I be such a little bitch to my mother? She was completely in the right for telling me not to curse, but I was so hung over that nothing even mattered.

Nothing but the pounding pain in my brain.

“Who pissed in your cereal?” Chad smirks. “Oh yeah nice one Chad, that was original!” I pull out some ibuprofen and shove it into my mouth before taking a swig of the water in my hand. Groaning I lean my hands against the table and push onto it stretching my back. This was the most athletic you would ever see me. This beautiful body wasn’t meant for manual labor. Footsteps moving down the stairs inform me that Jason is awake and I look over my shoulder as he enters the kitchen continuing to stretch my hamstrings. “Hey princess, how are you doing this extremely decadent morning?” I drawl sarcastically.

Jason looks at me for a second before shoving me out of his way and grabbing water from the fridge. “Shouldn’t someone have locked you up this early in the morning?” He grunts walking over to Chad and taking a seat. Staring at him I just shake my head, “I keep looking at you to try and find something there, but I can’t help but think, if you were twice as smart you’d still be stupid.”

His eyes shoot me a look of hatred, “I’ll be honest; I can’t tell if your even human.” the seriousness in his voice angers me but I just ignore it.

“That’s cuz I’m not, I’m an exotic extraterrestrial being baby!” I exclaim as I come down doing the splits. Despite not being athletic in any way, I was blessed with a very flexible body.

“God Caleb, can you not do that when we’re about to eat, its making me sick!” Chad groans in disgust turning his head away from me, but Jason.

Something flashes in Jason’s eyes.

It’s a look that I have a hard time describing, it’s as if It’s somewhere between confusion, hatred, and something else...

Then he looks away before I can read into it anymore. Strange, sighing I jump up onto my feet and trudge over to the table sitting down lazily across from the two other boys. “Honestly someone should have put me into gymnastics!” I croon, “Think of the things I could do with my body!”