Chapter 13

Hello everybody So i ended up splitting my chapter into two parts because i decided it was a little too long. So there you go! Hope you enjoy it!

In order to get Caleb home after school that day I had to convince him to let me drive his baby. This was proving to be very difficult, because apparently he trusted no one with the blue car except for himself. This makes no sense to me, because from what I’ve heard, he was the one who crashed the car. As we walk to Caleb’s locker I say as much, but he just goes to put in his combo not realizing his right wrist is of course now handicapped, so he pulls back with a hiss of pain. Shaking my head in disappointment I push him lightly out of my way and put his combo into the lock, popping it open. When I turn to look at Caleb he is giving me a look of utter shock, as if me knowing his combo is the most unlikely thing in the world. “What, I come here with you every morning, like I wouldn’t know your stupid combo.”

Caleb stares at me for a moment longer then shrugs pulling his back pack along to his front and going to unzip it, but again his wrist prevents it. “Look I don’t understand why you don’t just let me drive your car!” I argue grabbing his back pack from his hands, and unzipping it. Then I continue to pull all of his useless books out of the bag, only to replace them with the books that he needs to do his homework for tomorrow. “Clearly you’re not going to be driving it, unless you want to make your sprain worse.” I reason, shutting his locker before zipping his bag and throwing it over unoccupied shoulder. Caleb just stares at me with a look of disbelief, and I raise an eyebrow at the look he’s giving me. Then I realize that I just got all of his books for him, without really meaning to, and I didn’t even have to ask him what books he would need. Of course, I knew that I knew his schedule like the back of my hand, but he didn’t know that. So we both just stand for a moment looking at each other before Sadie walks over dragging a reluctant Chad behind her. “Finally!” I groan in relief, “Someone who can tell Caleb that he’s being a complete dumbass.”

“Why is Caleb being a complete dumbass?” Chad questions, looking back and forth between the two of us.

“He sprained his wrist today, so he can’t drive, but he refuses to let me drive his car, even though I told him that I’ve driven it before!” I complain loudly.

“You sprained your wrist?” The couple says at the same time. Oh god, now I have to deal with couple mind tricks. “How?” Sadie asks looking like she knows something.

Caleb just shrugs so I cut in, “Collin grabbed him in class today, but that wasn’t how it happened in the first place was it Caleb?”

Caleb blushes then shakes his head quickly telling me to stay quiet, but of course being the douche I am I just ignore him. “Nope, Collin shoved him out of his car!”

“Holy shit I knew it!” Sadie shrieks in anger pointing her finger at Caleb, “I told you that I wasn’t going to let you get away with lying to me, I’m so going to kick your ass!”

“Wait you knew?” I growl when she says this. She knew and she didn’t tell me? If she wasn’t a girl I would be kicking her ass so far down into the floor that she would probably come out on the other side of the world. Sadie stops and stares at me, a scared look on her face, and then she just giggles nervously. “Hahaha me know, of course not, I knew nothing.” She moves to stand behind Chad and I just shake my head, I can’t even deal with her idiocy right now.

“I need to get Caleb back home, if he would let me!” I shoot him a look when I say this and he just scowls at me.

“Caleb, just give Jason your keys, he’s right you can’t drive with your wrist like that.” Chad agrees with me. Caleb groans in frustration turning to bash his head into a locker. “Why are you trying to ruin my life?”