Chapter 19

Jason

As soon as the bell rings for lunch I’m out of my desk and ready to leave. I’ve been waiting to see Caleb all damn day, and the desire to hug him and wrap him in my arms was starting to get too strong to fight. Maybe we could find some place quiet…like the janitors closest. I can almost taste his kisses, and feel him against me. Oh lord, I’m definitely Caleb deprived. Despite my speedy exit towards the door, I hear my teacher’s voice calling me back. Shit what did I do now?

I turn around with a distressed sigh, and drag my feet back to my teacher’s desk at the front of the room. “Yes Mrs. Mathews?”

My teacher is sitting at her desk, her glasses sitting daintily on her nose, her blonde hair pushed over her shoulder, “I just wanted to talk to you about your math test.” She says still staring down at some papers that she’s correcting.

“Was it really that bad?” I ask sadly, I had studied with Caleb for hours over this test; he had drilled me ruthlessly until he made sure I knew every little formula like the back of my hand. I was so confident that I had done well.

My teacher sighs setting down her red pen then she looks up at me and a smile creeps onto her face, “You got the highest grade in the class.”

When those words leave her mouth I just stand there, and stare. What did she say, I think I saw her mouth move, and I’m pretty sure I Just heard her say that I Jason Lorne received the highest grade in the class. “What?”

Mrs. Mathews laughs and pushes her glasses up onto her nose, “You got the highest grade in the class Mr. Lorne, I thought you would be happy dancing by now.”

“Uh-”is the most intelligent answer I can muster at the moment, Mrs. Mathews crosses her arms, “I was just curious, as to how the boy who was barely pulling a C, could get the highest grade in the class?”

Oh she’s asking how I got such a good grade, “My friend Caleb helped me study.”

“Really, your friend must be really smart.” She wonders to herself. This makes me snort, Caleb smart? Please. “What’s so funny Mr. Lorne?”

“It’s just he’s not exactly the brightest crayon in the box if you know what I’m saying.” I chuckle; Mrs. Mathews just smiles slightly and shakes her head.

“Well, anyhow I just wanted to congratulate you, you may go to lunch now Mr. Lorne.” She drawls again then picks up her red pen, uncapping it with such elegance that it makes me wonder what she is even doing teaching at a high school full of stupid hormonal teenagers.

“Okay, thanks Mrs. Mathews have a good day!” I wave then bolt out of the classroom, yet again having one more thing to tell Caleb. Caleb. I sigh happily at the thought of my boyfriend. I want to run my hands into his hair, I want to kiss his neck and hold him.

When I enter the lunchroom, I’m disappointed to see Sadie sitting alone at the lunch table, quietly munching on her lunch. “Where’s Caleb?” I question sitting down across from her.

“He said he had some homework to do and ran off.” She shrugs. I groan and drop my head onto the table, it makes a loud bang, and I feel the dull throb reverberate through my skull. “Someone is having Caleb deprivation issues.”

“Shut up, I’m seriously dying of need here Sadie,” My head shoots up, “Did he say where he went?”

Sadie just picks at her sandwich and lets out a apathetic shrug, “If he did I wasn’t listening.” Again I let out a groan then stand up grabbing my bag, “Where are you going?” Sadie asks.