Chapter 2

The next morning  I hit the snooze on my alarm one too many times until I realize that there is about twenty minutes before the tardy bell. So jumping out of bed I take a twenty second shower and pull on my favorite hoodie, grab my keys and shove my homework into my bag.

Downstairs I meet mother, “I tried to get you up but you refused…breakfast?” She offers.

Quickly I kiss her on the head and dart towards the door, “Sorry mom, I don’t have time” She snorts and opens the pantry pulling out a box of pop tarts. She tosses a package of the sugary breakfast treats at me, and I being the incredibly athletic boy that I am-ha-ha just kidding-stumble to catch it, wave and run out the door. Li’l Blue is sitting in my driveway looking gorgeous; as I walk by I rub her hood and smile. “Hey baby, I’m running a little late for school today, be good to me okay?” Then I jump into my car throwing my backpack into the passenger seat and pulling out of the drive.

After hurriedly finding a parking spot that was just big enough for my baby to squeeze into I dash out of my car and into the school building ripping open my pop tarts on the way, and shoving one into my mouth. Hell yeah, classy. The tardy bell rings just as I slam my cute ass into my chair right next to Sadie at the back of the room. The dark haired girl turns to look at me with a huge smile. “Hey Caleb, a little late aren’t we?”

I attempt to say shut the hell up but with the pop tart crammed into my mouth it sounds more like “Shu da hew ub.” Sadie bursts into a fit of giggles. “Sorry I didn’t quiet catch that?” She asks with mock confusion. Chewing ferociously I just glare at her, which sends her into a brand new giggle fest. When I’m finally done chewing and the teacher is taking roll, I turn to her excitedly.

“I got my car back!”

“Oh and how is dear old Blue?” She asks.

“Runs like a unicorn, get it, magical” I nod with a grin, “Ahhh hell yeah!” I reach up for a high five. Sadie just stares at me with a raised eyebrow, and then shakes her head.

“The cleverness in which you named your car never fails to astonish me,” she starts off. My hand goes up swiftly to stop her from speaking.

“Sadie if you are going to insult the name of my car, I will have to kindly ask you to shut your mouth before I shove my fist into it.” She chuckles which I don’t understand. I said that in all seriousness.

“Alright Alright, God don’t be such a bitch,” She rolls her eyes, “So are we going to the fair, huh?” Her eyes grow big and enthusiastic at the thought. Playing dumb, I ask confusedly, “What fair?” The glare she gives me could kill any mutant monster you could ever think about discovering.

“Caleb Mowery, don’t you even think about fucking with me!” I giggle loudly which sends a couple of curious glances are way.

“Yeah we are going to the stupid fair; don’t let your ovaries explode!”

She rolls her eyes just as the teacher calls,”Mr. Mowery, would you be so kind as to shut your face!”

“Sorry Mr. Jackson,” I apologize then wonder if he ever called my name for roll. I ask as much and he just stares at me, “Mr. Jackson, do to your reoccurring obnoxiousness in my class, I never fail to notice you.” He assures me. Wondering if I should be slightly creeped out by that statement I fall into a thoughtful silence for the rest of the class period.  When the bell rings Sadie leads me out of the class laughing.

“That was so creepy!” I whine as she pulls me in the direction of our next class.

“Oh whatever you would love it if Mr. Jackson got down on you, wouldn’t you, he is so hot!” She grins mischievously. My face contorts in disgusts, as I bat at her hand that is clutching my sleeve. “Don’t be so vulgar Sadie; it’s very vivid to the imagination when you say shit like that.” She just grins again and continues to drag me after her.