𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

"Don't be scared little girl," he hissed. "I won't hurt you." He stepped out of the shadows like a phantom from the dead.

Pale skin, sharp fangs, and claws, red eyes like shining rubies with inhuman speed and strength; beautiful but deadly creatures. My breath got caught in my throat and I fell on my butt, clenching and unclenching the grass below me.

"Stay away from me," I shouted. "Trust me you don't want to do this." I put my hand in front of me like a shield. Fear wracked my body and I began to feel dizzy when I saw more vampires appear from the trees.

Teeth bared.

Snarls.

All thrown at me.

"Stay away," I warned once more.

My pleas fell on deaf ears as they approached me slowly but with determination. "Yeah, what are you going to do about it?" a vampiress with black hair snarled at me. "Our lord requires your services and I think it's best you come quietly and we'll call off the attack."

From a distance, I heard the howling of wolves coming in our direction.

Anger, feel the anger of the pack.

Defiantly, I rose and felt my eyes sight sharpening and felt my chest starting to burn like it was on fire, and soon the burning heat spread through my entire body. I felt my heart blazing from the inside and igniting my veins.

Red flames began to erupt on my skin like a second layer. I closed my eyes as I felt the flames cover every part of my from my hair to my toes. Even my hair had turned a vibrant red. "How about we heat things a little bit, hmm?"

"Agreed." With that, the 'leader' charged towards me with the rest of the vampires following at his heel. Just as I was about to throw a ball of fire at the 'leader', a shaggy brown wolf about my height, leapt in front of me and snarled at the vampires.

"Hey, what's your problem?! I had him right there!" I shouted exasperatedly at the wolf, throwing my arms in the air.

The brown wolf turned back and looked at me with his brown eyes to pass only one message across: "Shut up!"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands over my chest as I watched the wolf pounce on the vampire, using its claws to tear his head from his body.

I cringed as another vampire bit into his leg and clawed at his fur. I want to help too... As if he read my mind, the wolf turned back and growled at me.

"I wasn't going to anything, I swear!" I said, my arms raised in mock surrender. I was replied with rolled eyes before lunging at a pale beast. Did he just roll his eyes at me?

Three more wolves, one black, one brown, and one with sun-kissed fur, all about my height but about an inch smaller than the first, attacked the rest of the vampires; roaring, snarling and ripping flesh apart. While this was going on, the first wolf crouched in front of me and motioned with his head for me to get on him.

My initial thought was to roll my eyes and stomp away, but considering the circumstance we were under, I gave in and got on his back. And we were off to our home.

❀❀❀

"What the hell were you thinking? Did you know the amount of danger you put yourself in?!" I flinched as Henry yelled frustrated and kept tugging at his hair as he flounced up and down a circular room in the packhouse. "I leave for three days and I come back to this?!"

"I was fine on my own before you arrived and I am strong enough to fight! Am I not to be the Luna anymore?" I snapped back angrily.

"Yes, you are the Luna, but I cannot let you get hurt. You are not trained enough."