𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

A/N: Hey y'all! Long time no see. I love reading your comments because they make my day, and appreciate your votes. Thank you so much. I love you all (even the silent readers). <3

:-)

❀❀❀

"You need to choose an elective," the administrator said and handed a list of electives to me. "As you know, electives are a very important part of the college curriculum, as it makes up part of your GPA and we take that very seriously."

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded and went to the list given to me. I chose psychology and handed the list back to her.

"Since all payments had already been made, here's your schedule and do have a wonderful first day," she smiled.

I smiled back at her and strolled out of her office. "That went well," I told Henry who was leaning on the wall and scrolling through his phone waiting for me. "She seemed nice."

"Really? That's a first. She's not usually that nice, but then again maybe it's because you're new here." Pocketing his phone, he pushed off the wall and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and steered me in the direction of the classes. "So what class do you have first?"

"Well," I scanned through my schedule, "I have an English class in Room 4B."

He hummed. "Then we have the first period together." He steered me in the direction of Room 4B and ushered me to a window seat in front of the class and sat beside me. There were already a few students in the class whose gazes followed Henry and me as we walked down the aisle. Suddenly, I felt self-conscious when some students began to point and whisper.

"Did we have to come this early?" I asked, subtly eyeing everyone around us.

"Of course we did. Otherwise how else would I be able to show off my mate?" he replied with a grin and mischievously planted a kiss on my cheek. My face blazed red and I cuffed him at the back of his head. "Ouch," he muttered like it hurt him. "You don't have to be so violent, woman."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being such a baby."

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

"Yes, and I'll do it again," I said and rolled my eyes for emphasis. While we bickered, more students began to trickle in and settle down for the days' classes. I was oblivious to what was going on in the classroom until a brunette interrupted our conversation by slamming her bag on the table.

"Hi, Henry," she chirped, twirling a strand of hair on her index. When she noticed me, her countenance changed from a bright smile to a mocking sneer in the blink of an eye. "Oh, hello. I didn't see you there."

Of course, you didn't see me. How could you when you were hitting on my mate?

What's happening...? "I'm sorry, I don't," Henry said apologetically. "Who are you again?"

"Oh, I'm May. From your geography class? Anyway, I wanted to ask if you could tutor me for the test coming up next week."

Henry and I exchanged a look. "I'm sorry, but I can't. I've got a lot of work to do."

"Oh. Maybe next time?"

I snap when she speaks again. "He said he doesn't want you," I growled. I didn't even know I could growl. "Take a hint." I feel my heartbeat increase as rage slowly fuels my emotions.

Her face changes from annoyance to surprise and then fear. She quickly nods and scuttled to the back of the class where she belonged. Good. No one makes passes at my mate. "Chloe," Henry calls softly, drawing my focus from my murderous thoughts to his calming aura.

His eyebrows furrow in concern when he stars at me. "Chloe, are you okay? Your eyes are turning a bit red."

I shifted in my seat in discomfort and I immediately snapped my eyes shut to hide my irises. Not again... When I was little, I had a problem controlling my emotions, and when they got out of control, my eyes usually turned red and my veins become more prominent.

Back in Oklahoma, I was often called the Witch's Blade; because I was good with weapons, but my red eyes made people think I was a witch. My parents searched to no avail for a cure. Finally, they got tired of looking for a cure and often sent me to a therapist for anger management.

I never thought my eyes would change colour again... until today. And now, Henry probably thought something was wrong with me.

"They are?" I feigned surprise. "Must be a trick of the light."

"I don't think-"

"Henry, I'm fine. Oh, look, the teacher's here." I sighed in relief when his attention got divided by the entrance of the teacher. That was a close call.

"Okay, class, settle down. Kyla, sit on a chair, not the table. Alright, we have a new student with us today. Chloe, would you like to introduce yourself?"

I shook my head and slid deeper into my chair. "Um, I really don't think so."

"Oh, but I insist," Mr Edward said staring directly at me.

A second passed before I finally mustered enough courage to get up on my feet and go into the difficult task of introducing myself. "Hello, my name is Chloe..."