𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28 (𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖊)

A/N: Hey everyone. So, this is a huge shocker... Um... Okay, I'll just say it.

This is the last chapter of CBTM. 😅😅

Yeah. I forgot to warn you about it in the previous chapters. I'm sorry.

But the good news is that I've already made the book cover and I'll upload it on the next author's note.

Poem for WattCliches below.

Enjoy.

❀❀❀

Promises are made out of love

Made to be cherished and kept.

Careful who you give your heart to

The last time he made a promise, he failed and left.

A promise of love, of life, of death

Take me back to my twenty-year honeymoon

When I was young and naïve with a heart full of love,

But you broke me like the son of a poltroon.

Marriage is a bond and a promise for lovers.

"'Till death do us part", you promised.

Damned was I when my heart gave in,

For the world to see that you absconded and abolished.

-the_roaring_lion.

❀❀❀

"Chloe, what is wrong with you? You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Are you alright? What happened?"

"What were you doing out there?"

Those were the 'welcomes' I received when we got back home. "I'm fine, you guys," I assured them. "Don't worry about me."

"But you shouldn't have gone out of the house!" Gothel scolded. "Leave the fighting to the warriors. As a Luna, you must make sure that everyone is safe, not to fight wars."

"I'm sorry, ma'am," I apologized to Henry's mom.

"Never mind that. Come now, you look awful and you must be starving." As soon as she said that, I immediately thought about food and my stomach growled loudly for everyone to hear.

Shyly, I buried my blushing face into Henry's chest. His chest rumbled with a chuckle and suddenly I was swept up my feet like a bride. Henry carried me upstairs to our room and into the bathroom.

He placed me in the bathtub and began to fill it up with water. The bathroom was completely silent except for the running water and our calm breathing. When the bathtub was filled up, he added a strawberry-scented bath bomb to the water before gently placing me into the water.

He then proceeded to peel my bloody and grimy clothes off my body. This action made me conscious of the fact that he would see me in nothing but my underwear and I clutched my dirty clothes tighter to my body.

"Milaya, please. Let me wash the dirt off. You do not know what it does to me seeing you like this,' he said softly in a pained voice. "Please."

I swallowed a huge lump and reluctantly let go. When my clothes were removed, I noticed a black fabric peeking out of the pile of discarded clothes. "That was your sweatshirt..." I muttered and stared at the bubbles in the water with nothing but guilt. "I'm sorry."