𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

I woke up to a pounding headache and slight discomfort in my stomach. My sword! I immediately sit upright and suddenly notice the room I was placed in.

The room gave off a homey vibe and the bed was pretty soft and nice to lie on. My eyes scanned the room and I saw a window to my right side.

I scrambled down from the bed and checked the waist of my jeans for a weapon. When I felt the butt of a small dagger, I smiled.

I tried the window and it opened with a swing. Looking down, it was at least five feet down. I took a breath and swung my feet outside the window when suddenly, the door banged open. With one look at the sexy man that brought me here full of shock and fear, a stray tear escaped from my eye.

I almost wished that I got to know him better before taking this risk. He seemed like a cool person—too bad I’ll have to either kill myself or disfigure his beautiful face.

“Mate?” he whispered.

With a smile, I pushed myself off the window, closed my eyes and waited for the part where my life flashed before my eyes. It was nice knowing you, world. Strong arms pulled me to a body and held me tightly.

My eyes flew open at the sudden warmth. Did he jump? I didn’t have time to think much of it because he curved and took the fall for us, rolling on the ground while my head was cradled in his chest.

When we came to a stop, I felt my heart and his thud loudly against our chests. I panted and gripped his shirt tightly. Why did he jump? I lifted my head to meet his eyes that were staring intently at me. He laid his hand on my cheek, brushing my baby hairs aside.

“You have beautiful eyes. Like liquid amber,” he muttered. I swooned for a minute. Then I realized that I was pressed tightly to his body. I gave him a knee to the crotch, which he easily evaded and rolled so that I was under him. He pinned my arms above my head and trapped my legs on either side of his body.

“Chill, girl. I know that I’m hot, but no need to get all tiger on me,” he smirked.

What? “Well, that’s funny. Considering the way you kidnapped me and drugged me, that I should be all over you?”

“Sweetheart, I just saved your life. You should be thanking me, milaya.”

“Wow,” I said with an incredulous expression. “Cocky and a bastard. What does milaya even mean?”

He bent over so that his breath tickled and teased the spot behind my ear. “It means,” he whispered huskily, “sweet little girl.”

I sucked in a breath when he dragged a tongue from my ear to my jaw. “Get off me,” I whispered fiercely.

He hummed. “I like this position we are in. You blushing under me is insanely sexy.”

I narrowed my eyes at him and threw my head forward, hitting him square between his eyes. “Ow,” he muttered. When he released my hands to rub his forehead, I threw my weight on my legs, twisted and pinned him underneath me.

I revealed the dagger and pressed it into his neck—his artery—and gripped his shirt in my hands. “Enough playing around. Who are you, and why did you kidnap me.” When he didn’t reply and smirked even more, I pressed the blade deeper into his neck, enough to draw a trickle of blood. “Answer me, dammit!”

He simply smiled at me, crossed his hands behind his head, tilting his neck towards the blade. “You look fucking hot when you’re mad. It’s amazing.”

“Answer the question,” I growled, ignoring the way my heart fluttered at his compliment. Somehow, my body craved more of his deliciously sinful words. It scared me.

“Okay, milaya. I’ll tell you why we took you.”

“We?”

“Yep. But first, it’s time to meet my siblings.”

❀❀❀

“The guy with the brown hair over there, that’s Jasper.” The boy looked up from his phone, smiled and waved expectantly at me. I found myself smiling back at his bubbly personality.

“That’s Evan. He doesn’t talk much though.” Evan looked up from his book and stared at me with a blank expression, yet a small smile graced his features. I waved at him, and he nodded in reply.

“And I’m Henry, but you can call me sweetheart. We’ve already met, so there is no need for introductions.”

“Okay, first of all, I will not call you ‘sweetheart’. Secondly, you still haven’t told me why you brought me here. And where the hell is my sword?”

“Relax. I already called your dad and told him that you’re with us and he was okay with it.”

“Oh, so he was okay with you drugging me and bringing me here without my consent?”

He lowered his head and scratched the back of his neck. “I’m sorry about that.” Then he reached into his pocket. I stilled, hoping he wasn’t going to kill me, and only relaxed when he pulled my phone out and handed it to me. “Here, you can call him.”

I eyed his outstretched hand doubtfully before snatching it, trying my best to ignore the tingles on my fingers when my hand brushed his, and his sharp intake of breath. Focus.

I dialled my dad and held it to my ear. “Can I get a little privacy?” I asked Henry.

“Nah, I prefer to watch your beautiful face all night long,” he replied and crossed his legs on the round table. I was about to comment when the phone call connected.

“Hey, Chloe. Anything wrong?”

“Yes, a lot of things are wrong. First, there are some people here who kidnapped me and one of them—Henry—claims that he told you that you were informed. They also took my sword and they wouldn’t give it back.”

“Slow down, kid,” he chuckled. “Yes, I know that they took you to their home to stay for a few days because I may not be returning home early, so I’m gonna have a raincheck on that game. What I didn’t know was that they kidnapped you and I’m going to have a word with Henry. Wait a minute, you brought grandfather’s sword with you and you didn’t tell me?”

“Uh...” I blushed guilty and watched as Henry’s eyes seemed to darken under the light. “I need to go. Bye, dad.”

“Hey, wait. Don’t you hang up on m—” I disconnected the call and turned to Henry. “I guess I’m stuck here for a while. So,” I rose to my feet, “can I have some clothes I could wear or something?”