𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

As I roamed around the airport, I searched for my dad. I finally spotted him leaning against a bench. “Dad!”

He looked up, his eyes lighting up when he saw me. “Chloe, my daughter!” He threw his arms wide for me to run into them.

“I miss you so much, kid. I’m so happy that you came to Seattle,” he happily said and patted my red hair.

“Me too. It’s been a long time, dad. Besides we’ve got a lot of catching up to do.”

He looked behind me for a moment. “Your mother didn’t come along too?” I shook my head in denial. He was silent for a while as the light in his eyes dimmed. “I miss her. I wish she knew how sorry I was after all these years.”

“I bet she misses you too, dad. Give her time. She’ll come around.” When he didn’t reply to my comment, rather, stared into space, I cleared my throat and said, “Oh, geez, I guess I got the wrong person. I better go find someone else to show me around Seattle.”

“Oh no, you don’t. I am going to give you the best time of your life in Seattle. I promise you won’t regret it.”

“I know I won’t, dad. Let’s go home,” I said, surprising him. He blinked and stared at me, before settling for a chuckle.

“Yeah. Let’s go home, kid,” he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

As my dad drove us home, I thought about the awkwardness between my parents and when it became serious. They were a very happy and loving couple, and then, BAM, they got separated when I was 10.

Mom claimed she just needed some space to think things through, but for more than 3 years? Something must be up, and I’m going to find out what it was.

But for now, I will enjoy the time I have with my dad and my new beginning. Who knows? Maybe I can even make some new friends and spend some time with Kevin and Jenny.

Until then, I wait to see what fate brings to me.