𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 24

“If she's the Red Wolf, it means war is coming. We must protect her at all times. If anyone knew that she was the one, they would kill her.”  Henry growled at the thought of anyone killing me. “She needs to hide her scent and her powers.” 

“But why do I have these powers if I am a human? It doesn’t make sense,” I said, staring at the brew that Kayden made for me to revive my energy. “How is it possible?”

They both exchanged a look and Henry spoke. “You are half-wolf, so it does make sense. The Red wolf was to be a product of a human and a wolf, their child blessed by the moon goddess to be taken in as her daughter and to be named Eirene. Legend has it that the White Wolf is her sister from the moon goddess.

“Some believe that she came to destroy and wage war against the White wolf because they believe that she stands for evil; they believe that she is…an abomination.” Henry’s jaw was locked in place and a low growl emitted from his throat.

“They will come for her. The next lines of the prophecy…it's a warning,” Kayden said as he flipped a few pages.

Behold, the red wolf
With eyes like that of a gentle doe.
Alas, friends become foes.
They rile her and bring her asunder.
Burn them like a roaring fire
Eirene, hurry, find your second half.
Prepare for battle and sharpen your claws.
Together with red and white,
One heart like fire and the other cold like ice.
No evildoers stand against thy might.

When all that needs to be done, dusted,
And the sun blooms like a flower,
The good and the just shall rise as one again
And the world shall be filled with colour.

For this is a warning to those who care to listen
The battle of wolves, the battle of the realms.

∞∞∞•••∞∞∞

Nighttime.

Henry, Addison, Evan, Jasper and I gathered in the soundproof library. Henry and I shared a couch and pulled me to sit on his lap while twirling my hair in his fingers. Addison—who was dressed in pink pyjamas—sat on a chair with legs folded underneath her frame and her head resting on her folded arms. Evan and Jasper, both in blue pyjamas and shirtless, made themselves comfortable on another couch and had lazy looks on their faces. 

They all looked tired as they yawned between intervals. Well, I wouldn’t blame them; it was one in the morning.

“Tell us what was so important that we had to leave our mates and come here at,” Jasper paused to check his phone, “one in the morning? You know we have training tomorrow.” They were all warriors in the pack, so they had to train every morning.

Henry and I exchanged looks. “Chloe is the Red wolf.”

Jasper fell out of his chair while Addison and Evan stare with wide eyes and mouths open so wide, I could stuff a watermelon in them. The situation is almost comical and if not for the predicament we were in, I would have laughed.

“You're kidding, right?” they asked. The look in Henry’s eyes answered their question. “If she is, then we’ve got to tell mom and dad.”

“No. if we tell them, we will be exposing her to the world and we all know that she's not safe,” Henry reasoned. “Maybe if we can keep her a secret, it might buy us some time to prepare her for training.”