𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 12

A/N: Let us all have a moment of silence to honour the death of Chadwick Boseman, the greatest of all times and the best black panther. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

“Friends, is that what you think we are?” Henry asked with a low voice. “Sweetheart, we have a lot going on that is past friendship. You like me, so don’t even think about denying that because we are mates and you are mine.”

“Woah there.” I put my hands on his chest in an attempt to push him away and tried to ignore the hardness under my palms. “I am not ‘yours’ because you don’t own me. I am my property. And I don’t even know what to call us or what I feel about you.”

He leaned down and rubbed his nose along my neck. “So…” he rumbled,” your heart doesn’t race when I do this?” Then he lifted his head and flicked my earlobe, causing a thousand bolts of lightning to zap me where I stood emitting a shuddering breath from me. “Or this?”

I gulped and gripped his shirt in my hands. “No,” I whispered.

He chuckled on my skin and traced my skin with his eyes, leaving a deliciously fiery trail that made my body light up inside. His eyes held amusement while his hand had somehow found its way into my hair. “Liar,” he whispered and straightened up. Then he unlocked a car and got into it.

I stood there clutching my chest and feeling my racing heart. So this is what Jenny meant when she said that she had sexual tension. “Get in, Chloe. I need to show you something.”

I swallowed and nodded my head. I got into the car, strapped myself in and then we took off.

In a few minutes, we were in the forest. “We’re here,” Henry said and unclipped his belt.

“Why are we here?” I asked as I unclipped my belt and slid down from the car and walked to where Henry was standing.

“I want to show you my wolf,” he said and his eyes sparkled with happiness. “I should properly introduce you to my wolf form.”

I rubbed my hands nervously. “Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, I hope I didn’t pressure you into doing this.”

He chuckled and grabbed my hand, tracing soothing circles on the back of my palm. “Relax. Just trust me.”

❀❀❀

"Be calm. I promise I'm not going to hurt you." He stroked my face and looked into my eyes.

Jolts of electricity sizzled from under my skin; his hand warming my face and spreading to every part of my body. Taking a calming breath, I leaned into his touch. "I am calm now."

He stepped back and breathed. "Close your eyes," he said and I complied. I heard snapping and cracking. Then something soft and furry pressed into my hand. My eyes quickly flew open and I gasped when I saw a big brown wolf watching me with its curious brown eyes.

"So cute," I muttered.

Henry sat down beside me and patted the spot next to him. I blinked at him trying to figure out what he was trying to tell me.

"You want me to sit down?"

He grinned and made a noise like he was laughing at me. Then he nodded his big wolf head. I swallowed and then tentatively placed a palm on his nose and watched him lean into my palm. Giggling, I knelt beside him and put my second palm on the side of his head and ruffled his wolfy cheek.

Suddenly, he licked my cheek with his big and wet tongue. "Henry! Eww, gross!" I grimaced and wiped my cheek off his wolf drool. He ran away, a rumble sounding from his chest; he was laughing at me again.

I sat crossed-legged on the forest ground, playing with Henry. I was so absorbed in tickling his tummy that I didn't notice a pair of red eyes watching me from the shadows; watching and waiting.

"You are so cute," I said in a high pitched girly voice.

He scoffed with an annoyed expression on his face. He growled and shook out his fur. When I tried to pet him, I evaded my hands and stood regally like a proud peacock. "Okay, fine. You're not cute. You're the most handsome and the sexiest wolf I have ever seen. Happy?"

He snorted and ran straight at me, knocking me over like a bowling pin. I giggled and hugged his body. He was so cute when he was a wolf. And he was all mine.