𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7

Three days later...

I went downstairs to the kitchen. The whole gang-except Henry-were there. Evan was making waffles, though I prefered pancakes, they still smelt good. Jasper handed a plateful of the appetizing food to me. "Good morning, everyone."

Chorus of 'good mornings' echoed throughout the room.

"Evan, this looks amazing," I commented. I took a seat beside Addison who was texting someone on her phone. I settled down to have a bite of the waffles when Henry waltzed in looking sexy and making my body heat up with unexplainable desire. He winked at me and I turned away immediately to hide my burning cheeks with my hair.

I lifted my feet just in time to see Henry slip a waffle from my plate, eating it with a smug grin. What are you going to do about it, his expression said.

I felt my jaw tick in irritation. Taking a deep breath, I reminded my subconscious that I was the bigger person here and there was no need for violence.

"Good morning, katyónak," Henry smiled and kissed my forehead. "How was your night?"

I made a squeaky noise at the back of my throat at the loving gesture. "Fine," I choked. Henry chuckled and slipped my hair behind my ear.

"What happened to our 'good morning'?" Jasper murmured.

"It ran away with the spoon," Henry deadpanned. "No talking with your mouth full." Jasper rolled his eyes and focused on stuffing his face with cereal.

"So, do you have any plans for today?" Addison asked, setting her phone down on the table. "I was thinking we could go shopping for some actual girl clothes, not this thing," she gestured to the sweater and shorts Henry lent me.

"Well, I am pretty free today, so I guess we could go. Besides, I can't keep wearing Henry's clothes."

"I prefer you to do so," Henry muttered.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. You girls hang out; I've got some work to do anyway."

I opened my mouth to tell Henry that I could still hang out with him after we were done shopping, when all of a sudden, he froze up. His eyes seemed to glaze over while his face changed expressions from shock to anger and then determination.

His siblings looked at him with concern. When he turned them, they froze too. Evan's spoon clattered to the floor but didn't seem to care about it as shock took over his features. I waved my hands in front of their faces but none of them moved a muscle."Hello? Earth to everyone?"

Suddenly, they unfroze and they all headed for the door. "Where are you all going?"

"We're just going to get some...coffee," Henry said. "From the grocery store."

"All of you?"

"Yes, Evan usually gets lonely and Jasper is sort of clingy."

"Am not," Jasper muttered, and received a kick in his calf. "Ow."

"Okay, then I'll come too. I can-" I started to get up from my chair when Henry was in my face before I could say 'boo'.

"No. You stay here and don't leave the house. Don't open the door for anyone that isn't here, okay?" He cupped my cheeks in both hands and gazed at me with his tender eyes. "Chloe, don't worry. We'll be back before you know it."

I nodded with my head in his hands. My eyes fluttered close when he gave me a departing kiss on the forehead and the four siblings were out the patio door.