ᑭᖇᗴᐯIᗴᗯ Oᖴ ᗪᗩᑌᘜᕼTᗴᖇՏ Oᖴ Tᕼᗴ ᗰOOᑎ.

❀❀❀

Pain.

My muscles were tense and as I try to relieve myself of pain caused by chains bound to my arms. It's been two moons since I rampaged Blue Moon Pack like the monster he made me.

Two moons since I've been trapped in this holding cell.

Two moons since I lost my sanity.

Two moons since I've seen the sun, the blue sky, and the green forest.

Two moons since I last saw Henry.

If the aim was to torture me, I'd say it was a job well done. At this point, I want to just give up. I do not care if I die—the guards bring me food though, and I push it away. Without a mirror, I know I'm a hell of a bloody mess, no pun intended. I think there's still some crusted blood on my hair.

Two moons since I last ate. I'm pretty surprised that I'm still alive.

Winter is fast approaching...I wonder how mom is doing.

Every day, I ask myself the same question; why didn't my mom tell me I was half wolf and why didn't they tell me about my powers? Why didn't they also tell me that silver fucking burns my skin?

Yet, I can almost hear the whispers of the moon; telling me not to give up. Telling me that someone was waiting for me.

Each time I felt like giving up, I have a strange dream. I dream of a young girl with frosty white hair telling me to save her. In my dream, she was wrapped in chains and placed in a drawn pentagram. She pleaded with me to help her, that I was the only one who could save her.

Every time I got closer to her; an invisible force would push me back. But recently, each time I dream, I get closer to her, and at the last dream I had, I was only an inch away from her.

I couldn't tell who she was because her features were blurred, yet I could tell that she was very beautiful. I also felt a strange sense of familiarity towards her.

"It is time," she whispered to me with a voice like a beautiful melody. "Awaken, sister..."

My eyes snapped open when the door of the dungeon was unbolted. I—technically not me—growled loudly.

Did I ever tell you how the poison made me feel? Turns out, it was made to bring out my most primal and ferocious instincts and the civilized me was made to hurdle in the farthest corner of my mind. Watching.

Anyway, while in the dark cell, I took the precious time to focus on my other senses; sight, hearing, and touch, and I must say, I have perfected my hearing so much I could hear the silent pitter-patter of a man's footsteps.

"Father, please let me see her," a voice that instantly calmed me down said.

I did not like it.

I growled again, warning them to stay away from me. and tugged at the chains on my hands, only to wince in pain. Silver. Be patient. Just a little while, a voice at the back of my head soothed.

"Son, I cannot risk you going down there. I warned you and you didn't listen. She is not the same girl you brought home; she's become a monster," a frightened voice replied.

Good choice.

"Please, father. She's my mate, at least I should be allowed to see her. Besides, I am the future alpha—"

"And I am your father and the alpha. We must protect you and the pack at all times. The war is not even close to coming to an end!"

"Father, this is my decision and it is final! Open the doors!"

A low murmur of "yes Alpha" followed and the rest of the bolts on the doors were removed.

I picked up the sound of footsteps approaching my cell and slowly lifted my face to meet his sad and broken eyes. I choked back a sob threatening to leave my throat as my eyes began to water.

Henry.

Looking at his face was like getting hotwired by a thousand circuits and every nerve in my body came alive. My body, my mind. My soul. Recognized him. My mate.

My soul.

He strode to my cell while his eyes flicked from brow to gold and back until they finally settled on gold. His wolf.

"Open the cell and lock it behind me," he said. His Adam's apple bobbled when he forced a tense swallow. When my cell was opened, he burst through the doors and slammed his lips on mine in a heart-melting kiss. He cradled the back of my head in his palm and another hand at my waist, drawing me closer to him.

Our tears mixed with our lips as he clung to me like his final breath. I winced when he pulled me closer to him, my skin touching the silver cuffs. "Silver," I whimpered in his arms. He pulled back and stared at the angry burns on my wrists.

Slowly, his eyes turned golden and fur rippled down his arms. His nails became claws and in one swift motion, he sliced the cuffs off my arms. "Chloe, I'm—"

"No. Don't. Stay away. You cuffed me and left me to die. You left me in a cell when you could have done something about it. You don't believe I could do that would you?"

"Chloe, I tried to save you. Believe me, I did but you did destroy the pack grounds and the properties on innocent people."

"I was being fucking controlled!" A moment of silence passed between us. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"Of course, I do but Anastasia said we should be more careful."

What? "What are you talking about? Since when did you like Anastasia?"

"I love her. She's the one fit enough to be Luna," he said. Yet his expression said that he was confused at what he said.

My heart began to beat so loud, it drummed in my ears. Forcing a dry laugh, I choked out, "You're kidding, right? What are you saying? What are you talking about? I am your mate!" By now I was hyperventilating.

"Yes, you are. But Anastasia is the one for me." He sounded so unsure of what he spoke.

"You aren't even sure!" I yelled. "No, no. No, no, no. This can't be happening, no. I love you! You love me, Henry. You know you do!"

"No......I don't. I'm sorry."

At this, I froze let the meaning of his words sink into me. Astonished, I wrapped my arms around my body, as if I could fix the shattered pieces of my heart. Numb to the pain, I choked down a sob and refocused my blurred-with-tears eyeballs.

"Chloe..."

"I'm sorry for wasting your time." With inhuman speed, I bolted out of the cell, the dungeon, and reached the pack borders. With a final look back to the place I once called 'home', I tuned out Henry and the warriors looking for me, and began my journey to save my sister.

Alone. Yay!

San Francisco, here I come.