𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

A/N: Hi!

He assumed a crouch position, his face focused on me. We circled each other for a while before I attempted a kick at his shin which he dodges with ease.

He attempted a punch in the face; as a reflex, I duck and send a low sweeping kick at his ankle in an attempt to make him lose his balance. It didn't seem to have that much of an effect like I thought because he turned ninety degrees to the side and brought his right forearm up to counter the blow of the fall. When he got up, he formed a fist with his left and threw it at my outstretched jaw.

Before I could regain my balance, Henry sent a kick to my stomach, making me fall to the ground but not before I grab a hold of his shirt, meaning he falls to the ground as well.

Scratch that, he falls on me.

"Henry, get off me," I huffed.

He rolled off me to my side. "Are you okay?" he asked, brushing my hair from my face making the tingles erupt on my skin and my heartbeat pound faster.

"Um, a werewolf just kicked my tummy and you ask if I'm OK? What do you think?" I replied breathlessly and held my stomach to regain my breath.

"Sorry. So, do you want to continue?"

"Sure." Henry jumped to his feet and stretched out an arm to pull me up, which I gladly took.

5 Mɪɴᴜᴛᴇs Lᴀᴛᴇʀ...

I had finished sparring with Henry who had pinned me countless times-I pinned him only twice. In my defence, grandpa, he is a werewolf. Punching him is like punching a human wall.

"Come on, go, go!" Calvin, the Beta shouted and clapped. "Hit that bag like your life depends on it.

I gave the bag a mighty punch which made it move back 20 centimetres. I stopped and bent down, panting. Calvin congratulated me before he moved to someone else.

"That last punch was awesome."

I leaned on a wall and gulped the water Henry handed to me. "Yeah, I just imagined that it was your face I was punching." When he looked at me in disbelief, I laughed and threw the water bottle at him. "I'm kidding!" I bent with my hands on my knees, my hair fanned out below me like an ocean of red flames. "I haven't trained that much since my grandfather died..."

"Chloe, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say..."

"Chloe!"

I looked behind Henry and gasped. "Kevin!" I ran to him and hugged him. "Oh, my gosh, Kevin what are you doing here? It's been so long!" I turned his face to inspect it and ruffled his hair. He had grown up from the young fifteen-year-old that left Oklahoma. How old was he now? Nineteen? Twenty?

His black hair had grown even longer which he tied back with a rubber band. He had grown taller and was a foot taller than me, about Henry's height. His newly grown stubble on his chin made him look more like a man.

He patted my head. I forgot how much he loved to pat my head because he saw himself as a big brother, rather than a friend. "Little sis! I missed you!" he picked me up and twirled me around, making me giggle in ecstasy. "What are you doing in Seattle, how's your dad?"

Before I could reply, a growl interrupted me making us turn around. Henry was standing there with his fists balled, jaw and shoulders locked and eyes that spoke the words, Get away from him, loud and clear.

"I guess I'll see you around," Kevin whispered in my ear and walked away before I approached Henry. If he was trying to burn a hole in Kevin's head, it wasn't working.