25

We were finally going furniture shopping and Yanda wouldn't tell me where we're going. "Please babe tell me where we're going." I begged for the nth time and he shook his head. "Why don't you tell me how work has been." He gently pacified taking my hand and kissing it before focusing back on the road. My heart lept  at the gesture and like that I was distracted by telling him about work. "Things are great at the practice. The little people adore me and so do their mothers. At the hospital the nurses well they hate me to put it lightly. I put them in line for mistreating the patients and the geezers and the guys are my biggest fans." His grip on my hand loosened. I turned to look at him and his face was stoic. "Hone, what's wrong now?" I asked but he chose not to answer me. I didn't beg him. I'd done enough of that when he was sick. I won't do it now.

I reached over to increase the volume on the radio but his hand stopped me. "Sthandwa sami, wait I'm sorry. I'm sorry for more than my childish behavior in this instance. I was just jealous that you work with men who'd see what a gem you are and snatch you away from me whilst I was stuck home being an invalid, burdensome stubborn ass. I'm sorry I made dealing with me so hard. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the cancer as soon as possible I'm so sorry and I love and appreciate you. I never want you to question or second guess that. I love you Khabazela."

There was silence in the car a while after that. I was trying so hard to hold back the tears. I needed to hear him say that. He cares, loves me and sees his short comings. I love this man. "I love you too Hadebe more than you can imagine." Now it was my turn to take his hand in mine and kiss it. He then placed it on my exposed thigh and started caressing it. I was wearing a short jumpsuit. I looked up at him but he paid me no mind. I was only too glad to see the car ride end because I was about to come undone on those leather seats. Mr here was only too proud of himself.

I leapt  out of the car. This man was driving me crazy, in the best way. If we'd been in the comfort and privacy of our home I'd have jumped him. He seemed to have no trouble whisking me onto the bonnet of the car and kissing the daylights out of me. He pressed his pelvis into me ensuring I felt that I wasn't the only one affected. We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind us. It was a middle aged man and he seemed less than impressed with us. I could barely meet his eyes yet Yanda who seemed unbothered, introduced us.

They made small talk whilst we made our way from the back parking lot to the front entrance. All the while I took in the scenery. The building was modern and chić whilst the gardens were wild and natural yet well groomed. When we got to the front and I looked up at the name of the place I flung myself into Yanda's arms. We were at WEYLANDTS . One of the best furniture shops in my opinion. We were finally going to furnish our home!!! I bounced around the the store like a child on a sugar rush just taking in the furniture pieces. The first item we picked were these beautiful black genuine leather sofas. I then picked out the coffee table. I was stuck between a magnificent tinted glass one and a mahogany wood one and since I couldn't pick between the two Yanda suggested we take one that was wood but had a glass top and I ended up liking it more. I love d how involved he was and didn't just let me pick everything myself. That's not to say I didn't pick most of the pieces. I rattled on a whole list from vases, side lamps, rugs, art pieces, throw pillows, he even let me pick out a chandelier. I really enjoyed myself and it felt good not to worry about anything and to be spoilt.

The best part was that they'd deliver on the same day. How they'd manage that with all the furniture we'd bought I wondered but I was too excited to ponder on that. They'd deliver in three hours so we had time to kill so we decided to have lunch. We settled for Mugg & Bean and I just wouldn't stop talking about our trip and bouncing off ideas with him on what should go where. "Sthandwa sami." Yanda called putting reaching for both my hands that had been thrown around in animation to express whatever I'd been rattling on about. I just smiled sheepishly at him. "I'm chatting your ear off aren't I?" I asked a little embarrassed, I was still learning how to read his mannerisms so I watched myself sometimes even though he didn't make me uncomfortable. I was still breaking down the wall around my heart and letting him in to all the parts of me.