42

Our convoy of friends and family arrived just before the sun rose the men ready with their coveralls and my girlies with their most comfortable runners and aprons ready to lend a hand where necessary. Although I thought it a bit dramatic that everything we did was over the top I appreciated how they always rose to the occasion. It was comforting to know you had an army of people you could rely on always. "I made an online order at Makro. It just needs to be collected." Siza announced as we shared pints of wine in coffee mugs in the main kitchen before starting on breakfast. "Thank you mzala you didn't have to."
"No I know how in laws can be. Your husband's family might adore you and won't mind that you brought down the whole of Pretoria with you but the rest won't be so kind. They'll be gossiping about how you finished all the groceries and didn't replace them even before your tail has disappeared around the corner and we simply will not have that." She cautioned speaking from experience. I'd know she'd call Zand and I hysterical over some drama that had transpired each time she visited her husband's homestead. "Thank you for having my back mzala. You're an Angel."
"So is Amy. Where'd you get this stuff?" Manga asked twirling the bottle of white wine in her hand. "I can't reveal my sources or I'll lose my status as the revered wine angel." She made a notion of zipping her mouth and tossing the keys in her boobs. "Can I at least join in your cult. Zandi mzala don't leave me out with the wolves." She begged.
"If you can prove you can hold your alcohol today you're in But if you get busted I will deny you." Manga nodded smiling wide  before moving to Amy's and Zandi's side of the table where they were now preparing to  peel and grate potatoes for the hash browns.

Everyone fell into groups preparing various dishes for breakfast and at 7am where we were all now a giggling mess sharing sex stories. "Last week we booked a beach house at a private beach and that man thoroughly fucked me for three days straight. Mostly outside during the day. I didn't know my body could bend like that. I still get wet just thinking about it." Thandeka said giggling into her mug as we squealed exchanging high fives. "We had sex in his home office on just about every surface. I came until I thought I couldn't but then Yanda proved I could. He had to carry me to our room when he was done with me." More giggling ensued and then aunt Sizakele bulldozed into the kitchen. I knew it was too much hoping she'd miraculously miss this ceremony. She looked around the room. I bet trying to spot something she can yell about and She seemingly found none.

"Makoti why are you still here? You're meant to be in the hut where they're readying everything for your cleansing. Instead you're here a bunch of giggling hyenas drinking before noon." She clapped her hands in disbelief. Thobeka caught my gaze and I shook my head begging her not to say anything. "Here you go Aunty."Zikhona offered her a cup of her cupaccino. God sent. She smiled at her before walking in and taking a seat at one of the vacant chairs and her cupaccino was slid to her and she sipped it painfully slowly. Conversation died down as we definitely wouldn't be exchanging sex stories with my husband's grouchy, judgemental aunt.

Just then my sisters and brothers in law waltzed in. What perfect timing. We were dying here. "I see you all but where's my nephew." Nothile asked skipping right past the greeting. "Hello to you too Nothile." Zandi chirped
"We're well thank you for asking." Amy added. "You all had kids and ceased to exist. Didn't you know? Well news flash." Meluleki teased and the house began grumbling and before he knew it he was ducking vegetable peels. "Im only joking how are you beautiful ladies." Responses were shot from different ends of the room. "Have you tired of your husband's yet and wish to trade them for the younger more handsome gentleman." Nathi asked flashing a dazzling smile at the room. "Be sure to mention you're also broke and hound one said husband for money every other week." Yanda said smacking his little brother upside the head "Bhuti student life's hard I was hoping to bag a rich cougar." The whole house was in stitches.

"Mama-Asimbonge. We're needed in the hut." My heart soared at the sound of that. I was someone's mother. I nodded. "Now you two come. You need to help slaughter the animals."Nathi whined. "Good! Now that you're here you're on slaughter duty." He pointed at Meluleki " And you little brother are on cooking duty." Nathi grumbled but followed after his older brothers. And I after them.