29

I woke up and Yanda wasn't besides me and my heart sank but my heartbreak was short lived when I heard him whisper to Zanda to be careful on the other side of the door. The door opened revealing the two people that make up the center of my existence. Zanda was holding a tray that had a jug of juice and 3 glasses and yanda had everything else ,that's meant to be on the tray as well , in three covered stacked  plates and his weary eyes never leaving Zanda.

When they reached Yanda's side table  and he helped Zanda place the tray there along with the plates only then did the pair of them look up and gave me identical smiles although Yanda's was more an apologetic one. "Good morning Koki, we made breakfast." Zanda announced proudly with flour on her cheeks and Yanda's shirt was no better. "Good morning baby. What did you make?" I asked helping her up onto the bed and she snuggled up to me. "Pancakes, eggs, rashers, bacon and toast and I got to cut fruit!" She exclaimed proudly. I side eyed Yanda. " It was with the kitchen scissors not a knife." Yanda said although smiling sheepishly at me.

I just smiled rolling my eyes at his reaction. "The breakfast'll be cold and it's my first day of school. I can't be late!" Zanda whined looking at Yanda expectantly. "We made breakfast together, won't you help me dish up?" He asked "Zanda just shook her head snuggling her head in my neck making me chuckle. "Okay then." He said more to himself and uncovered the plates and dishes up for all of us.

After breakfast Zanda dismissed herself saying she was going to bath so she won't be late. She says this like she'll drive herself to school but we let her be as soon as the door closed behind her the room become engulfed in silence. "Ntombizonke I'm sorry." Yanda said as I got up and started cleaning up the dishes. "Please leave that. I'll clean it up." I just nodded and placed the plates on my side table. He came over to my side and placed me on his lap ensuring we kept eye contact. "I was wrong, I shouldn't have walked out on you like that without letting you explain." I just nodded willing the tears not to fall but one treacherous one betrayed me and fell. He wiped if off and pulled me into a hug. "Please don't cry, I'm an idiot!" He grumbled making me let out a small chuckle.

"Yes, yes you are! I'm sorry too that I went behind your back. I promise I'd have told you. I mean how else would I have explain a swollen belly when we can't have children naturally? Things were hectic, no time seemed appropriate to tell you and I wasn't sure how you'd handle me introducing and alternative way of having children. And if you're uncomfortable with it we can just forget about it, it didn't..." he cut me off with one of his searing kisses making my body perk to attention. I moved to straddle him and before I knew it our hands were roaming around but before we could get too carried away Zanda yelled out for me.

We reluctantly detangled ourselves from the other but he didn't let me off his lap. "I want to have children with you, I want to see your belly swell nurturing our creation, watch you nursing them. Thank you for affording us the opportunity to parent children of our seed."
I leaned in to kiss him again but before our lips could even meet "Koki, soap got into my eyes!" Zanda yelled. Yanda groaned in frustration laying his head on my breasts and he thrust into me before letting me go. "Tonight I'll fuck you into oblivion." He mumbled. I'm not sure whether he intended for me to hear that but I did and I felt moisture puddle in my underwear at the thought and in anticipation.

We all got ready and I packed us lunch. I packed Zanda's lunch in mine and I went without. I made a mental note to get more. Zanda would get one as part of her school uniform but it didn't make sense to just have two. We all traveled in one car since we'd start at Zanda's school to sort out the admin there before heading to work, Yanda would have a driver pick him up from there. Zanda was chatty most of the way there but she grew withdrawn as we made our way into the driveway. Yanda and I looked at each other and I motioned for him to comfort her.