41

Zanokusa had spent all week with us and fetched Zanda from school every afternoon and they spent time together and had dinner with us and only left after putting Zanda to bed. Zanda loved every minute of it and I saw that spending time with his daughter healed a part of Zanokusa as well. He seemed lighter with each day since the court case. He seemed thrown aback every time Zanda asked him to help her with something or threw her arms around him in a hug like he couldn't fathom a being loved him unconditionally. It was beautiful and heartwarming to watch. Those two deserved all the happiness the world could offer after what Nobuhle and Sthembile put them through.

Speaking of Sthembile got 16 years in jail for the child abuse she put my little sunshine through with the possibility of parole only after serving 14 years of her sentence. That was the most she could get for her crime and Bab'Hadebe made sure she did. There's not much that could be done about Nobuhle unfortunately but we'll leave the likes of her to Karma. We were now at the airport seeing Zanokusa off. He was kneeling before Zanda saying his goodbyes. "Do you promise to visit again?" Zanda asked on the brink of tears. Zanokusa and I were no better. "Yes home bee. Although it can't be as long as I did this time. I'll come on weekends at least one weekend every month and maybe with time you can visit me too?" Her gaze lowered. "What about the mean lady?" Her arms were now fidgeting with the flower on her dungaree. "Look at daddy please honey." She looked up at him a tear now falling. He wiped it away but kept his hand on her cheek. "She's gone and she'll be gone a long while. She'll never hurt you or any child ever again. I promise and I'm sorry I let her hurt you. I'm so sorry my honey bee." He pulled her in for a hug and a stray tear now fell on his cheek before he quickly wiped it off before letting Zanda go so she wouldn't see.

"I love you so so much. You're my favourite and best gift in the world." He whispered in her ear and by now I was a sobbing mess. Yanda wrapped his arm around my waist and hugged me to him with Asimbonge in his other arm. "Daddy has to go now but call me anytime okay. I promise to always answer and if I don't I'll get back to you." Zanda nodded before she pulled him by his cheeks and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Have a safe trip. I love you too daddy." His Adam's apple bobbed as he laughed at this 5 year old 30 year old. His flight was called out and he wrapped his daughter in one more hug before standing up and facing us.

"Thank you guys for everything. I do appreciate it. She's my every dream come true and it's all thanks to you. I'd like to play a more active role but we'll talk about it over the phone. I'll see you all soon. Good luck with the process of the little one. I'll put you into contact with that friend of mine in children's welfare. She'll unfortunately have to oversee you for a day just as procedure but you won't have to deal with anymore Mavuso's. She'll write a letter and any Judge will sign off approval. I'm sure you won't have trouble with that Hadebe." Yanda nodded smiling at Zanokusa in appreciation. "And I wouldn't offer my help if I didn't think you are the best parents for that little boy. I saw it all week with both these kids." Did I say I was a sobbing mess before? Now I was worse but only from joy and gratitude. The last call was made and Zanokusa grabbed his suitcase and walked to his terminal. Just before he entered he turned and waved at us. Zanda blew a kiss at him which he caught and blew one back.

"Who wants ice cream?" Yanda asked once we were all in the car and driving back. "Me!" Zanda and I yelled and we all broke out in laughter which startled Asimbonge awake and he began crying. I thankfully sat in the back with them so Zanokusa would sit in the passenger seat and now so I could cheer up my sunshine but Yanda thankfully came to our rescue. I cradled him out of his seat and fed him his bottle and he suckled like he hadn't just fed an hour and a half ago.

I smiled down at him looking at his thin long fingers bunched up, his rosey cheeks and long blonde lashes. He was beautiful. Nkazimulo Yami. How was it possible such a tiny human could fill your heart with abundant love in such a short time of being in your life. I looked up and caught Yanda's gaze in the mirror. "What is it yiseka-Asimbonge?" I asked smiling at him. "Nothing I'm just admiring my beautiful family."