35

Yesterday was a lazy Saturday . Amy left without saying good bye yesterday she  needed to rush somewhere so I couldn't see her. All of yesterday was spent making a fortress ,watching Disney animation and stuffing our faces with junk. I don't remember when we went to sleep but i was only roused from sleep at around 10:00am and took a quick shower and pulled on a pair of shorts and Yanda's shirt. I left Yanda and Zanda still asleep on the mattress . Zanda insisted we all sleep there as her last sleep over and we of course indulged her.

I walked into the kitchen and barely found anything to eat although the place was squeaky clean. I needed to thank the housekeeper for her splendid job. My phone rang from the living room and I sluggishly went over to get it. "Makoti tell the security to let us in! They refused to let us through." I wanted to laugh at how appalled she sounded, because why are they visiting unannounced but I kept that to myself "Mama please pass them the phone." I asked mkhulu Ngema to let my in-laws in. I unlocked the door and rushed upstairs to change into something more appropriate and wake my people up. When I got there Yanda was already up and Zanda was now sleeping on the bed whilst Yanda packed up the fort.

"The parents are here!" I yelled as I walked to my closet to change into a dress, cardigan and head wrap. Yanda groaned at that. "Why baby and so early too?" I chuckled because I shared his sentiments. "Beats me but shower I'm going to receive them." I walked out of the closet and walked over to him giving him a peck on his lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist before I could get away. "Have I ever told you how sexy I think you are with a head wrap on?" I giggled at that random piece of information. "Nope." I replied popping the p. "Well I love it!" He whispered before kissing me making the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Where are these kids? Did I not say we're here. Surely you heard me telling them we're here!" Ma asked impatiently. "Well mama you ambushed us on a Sunday morning so I wouldn't blame them if they're asleep." Nathi grumbled. "If it takes me flying in to this god forsaken city on a Sunday morning to see my children because they won't come see me then I'll do just that!" she snapped and no one dared speak against her. I walked into the living room just then. "Sanibonani." I greeted and everyone muttered their greeting from their positions on the sofas, none very eager to be here except for mama. She then began narrating the story of how the security wouldn't let them in. " That old geezer said they couldn't let us in because that's the policy. Do I look like a thug to them? The nerve" she asked incredulously. "Well mama you might as well be when you show up to my house this early in a Sunday morning." Yanda said as he descended the stairs his beard now well groomed, in grey sweats and a white t shirt. If it wasn't for his family in this living room I'd have him for brunch.

Meluleki was about to pitch in his two cents in agreement but mana's side eye shut him up real quick and that had the girls doubling over in laughter. " I don't know what's the big joke you two. Make yourselves useful and call a catering company to bring us brunch. Everyone was clearly feeling her wrath this morning. "Wena come give your mother a hug and stop making me angry." Yanda dutifully walked over to his mom and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before shaking his father's hand. Baba barely said much. I'm certain it because he knows this battle is bigger than him so he forfeited it. He's a smart man I respect. We sat there and caught up with the siblings teasing each other and telling on eachother every other minute. It was funny to watch

Zanda walked down the stairs a while later still disoriented and her hair all over the place. It was an adorable sight. "Koki." She called out interrupted by a yawn in between. When she ceased rubbing her eyes and her eyes fell on everyone she smiled before running to her grandparents. " The only person happy to see me is my grand baby." She subbed the rest of us with the widest grin on her face fussing over her grandchild. Lord help us all. Luckily the company called and notified us they were at the gate. Everyone was only too happy to come help set up the table in the backyard to escape the fire breathing dragon mama.