The Hunger Games (Ron Weasley)

02/24/21

Sorry this one is king long. You might wanna grab a couple of snacks before reading this. I hope you guys still like this idea. Again, let me know if you want me to continue writing these or just end it.
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

"So why'd you do it (y/n)?" Ron questioned trying to strike up a conversation between us. I knew what he was doing and I was grateful.

We had gone almost two full days without any deaths and the viewers were bored. The arena this year was huge and it was going to take some help from the game makers for us to cross each other's paths. Without any interesting conversations going on, the game makers were bound to start causing some mischief.

We were sitting around a couple of cypress trees at the edge of the arena. I figured that we were so far away from everyone because we hadn't seen anyone walk by in about half a day or so.

Whenever people would come close to us, we would just hop in the water to hide. Which was extremely easy to do because of all the vegetation.

We had been living pretty decently the past week. Just catching fish and collecting water when it rained.

The arena this year was basically a tropical swamp. We tried to walk around in the water, but we quickly realized just how easy it was to draw attention to ourselves. I was worried of the water being too deep and not being able to swim back up to the top. The temperature wasn't unbearable either.

Yes, it was hot out here but not hot enough for any of us to die from heatstroke. This wasn't that type of arena. The game makers hated the idea of us dying from the elements instead of killing each other. We were in wetsuits that went from out neck, out to our wrist and ankles. We were even given a pair of water shoes that we could walk in as well as swim in.

In the beginning, I had absolutely no plans in working with Ron. I wanted to run away from him and never look back. I honestly had no idea how long I would last because I wasn't that strong of a swimmer.

But I do know that I could take care of myself so as long as I could outlast everyone I figured I would be okay.

We were from District 7 so neither of us had any idea how to navigate the terrain which was scary at first. The cornucopia was the only land that I could see for a while.

There were multiple islands that I could see scattered throughout the water. I had been watching the games long enough to know that each island housed its own little horror.

When the gong sounded, I managed to grab a backpack and shove some matches, a water bottle, jerky, and crackers into it before turning around to run towards one of the islands.

On the way, I spotted a couple of knives on the ground and as I was reaching down to pick them up, the boy from 5 was reaching as well.

He had this look on his face that said if he got those knives, he was going to kill me. The only thing I could do in that moment was accept my fate. But before I could even register what had happened, the boy was sputtering blood and then he collapsed onto the ground.

Standing behind him was Ron holding a much larger knife than the ones I was reaching for. I scooped up the set of them not sure if I should thank the ginger or just run in the other direction.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as the girl from 2 aimed a spear at us. I tackled Ron to the ground causing the spear to land a couple of feet away from us.

"Guess that means we're even now." He smirked. I know that the look on my face caused tons of laugher from the Capitol. How could he make a joke at a time like this.