You Realize You Like Him (Preference 10.2)

12/25/20

George: Slytherin, halfblood, same year

I sat in the library working on a couple of assignments. I wasn't super busy or anything, I just wanted to get ahead with some of my classes.

Looking up I saw George walk into through the doors. I was really surprised since George nor Fred liked to show their faces in here. I had no idea how they were managing to continue moving up in years, but they did it.

His eyes scanned the room and then landed on me. He marched over to me and sat down right in front of me.

"The blonde told me you'd be in here!" He grinned.

"Draco?" I questioned sitting my quill down so I could focus on him.

"Yep."

"I can't believe you two actually had a civil conversation." I giggled.

"Now I wouldn't go as far as calling it civil (y/n). There was a lot of arguing of course and a couple curses, but in the end he ended up telling me where you were."

"I just don't understand why you two can't get along. You know that the two of you are two of my favorite people in the entire world and I just want you to get along."

"I know (y/n)," he sighed, "but I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"But why are you really in here George?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm falling behind in Charms. Can you please help me?"

"Of course." I grinned gesturing for him to grab a book and some parchment paper so I could help him with some assignments we had due at the end of the week.

After a while George and I decided that we should go visit the house elves in the kitchen.

I loved the house elves so of course I agreed. They made us some tea to help us stay away for a little bit longer so we could finish up George's homework.

I watched as George walked over to one of the elves and whispered something in his ear. She nodded, snapped her fingers, and music began playing.

"May I have this dance (nickname)?" He extended his hand and bowed a little. I giggled and took his hand.

"Of course you may Georgie." I stepped up to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into him.

I laid my head on his chest so that I could feel his heartbeat. In the time that I was dancing with him, I could feel his heartbeat get faster. I just ignored it and eventually it went back to normal.

"I'm getting sleepy George." I admitted after we had been swaying around the kitchen for a while.

"Me too (y/n). Let's go get our stuff from the library." We told the house elves good bye and thanked them for everything. George merely shoved everything into his backpack and took a seat waiting on me to finish up.

It took me a minute to finish packing because all of my assignments had a specific place to go so I could keep up with everything. While cleaning up, I noticed George staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I shyly asked, "do I have something on my face?"

"No," he chuckled and then sighed, "you're beautiful (y/n). How could I not stare?" The usual cocky George was nervous and I had caused it.

Little did he know, he was the only person that had the same effect on me.

Fred: Gryffindor, pureblood, 2 years below (same as Trio)